BTB series 34.
120 Days Back To Bethel
With Dr. Deborah Akachukwu.
Prayer Focus: Dealing with Sin
Scripture: Matthew 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
1 Corinthians 15:3
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
2 Corinthians 5:15
And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
Sin is the transgression of the law of God; disobedience of the divine command; any violation of God’s will, either in purpose or conduct; moral deficiency in the character. It is the nature of the fallen man/old man. The only way to deal with sin is to come to Jesus who came to save us from our sins by dieing on the cross of Calvary.
How to live above sin.
1. Salvation. Romans 10:9-10
2. Meditating on The Word. Psalm 119:9-11, Joshua 1:8
3. Daily fellowship with the Lord in a place of prayer.
4. Abiding in the word by bearing the fruit of the spirit: Galatians 5:22-24
5. Thinking on good virtues: Philippians 4:8
6. Obedience to the voice of God. Acts 26:19
7. Total yielding to the Holyspirit. Romans 6:13,16.
1. Heavenly Father, we bless and magnify your holy Name for you alone art worthy to be praised and adored.
2. Immortal Redeemer, we thank you for your loving kindness and tender mercies towards us.
3. Faithful God, we thank you for your faithfulness.
4. Oh Lord, we thank you for delivering us from the power of darkness into the Kingdom of your dear son Jesus Christ.
5. Oh Lord, let the hold of sin be broken in my life, in Jesus name.
6. Every addictive Sin, holding me, loose your hold now, in Jesus name.
7. I loose myself from the hold of presumptuous sin, in Jesus name.
8. Oh Lord, remove every garment of sin from my body, in Jesus name.
9. Oh Lord, open my eyes to the light of the word, so that I may not sin against you.
10. Oh Lord, tear every demonic veil covering my eyes, in the name of Jesus.
11. Oh Lord, arise and break the influence of sin over my soul, in Jesus mighty name.
12. Thank you Father for answered prayers, in Jesus mighty name.