BTB series 008
120 days Back To Bethel
Dr. Deborah Macfoy Akachukwu.
Prayer Focus: Changing ungodly Garment.
Scripture: Genesis 35:2
Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:
The patriarch knew that for a man to engage the presence of God he/she needs total surrender, The Lord Jesus taught us that new wine should not be poured into an old wine skin, but rather new wine should be poured into a new wine skin so that both will be preserved. When you come in to seek God with all your bad habit and character intact, it will not take long you will leave. The journey back to bethel requires you tear off the old man and all it’s likeness. It takes a new heart,mind and character to seek God, the old nature must die in other to experience the new life.
How to change the ungodly Garment.
1. By renewing of your mind through the Word of God.( It gives you a new mind set to serve God and His purposes)
2. Through fervent prayer in the spirit.(it makes your spirit to be aligned)
3. Through fasting. (It kills the opposition of the flesh to withheld)
1. Almighty God, hallowed be thy holy Name both now and forever, for you alone art worthy of our praise.
2. Father, we thank you for the great and mighty things you have done in our lives.
3. Father, we thank you for the great deliverance you have wrought in our midst and for the victories you have granted.
4. Father in the name of Jesus, we thank you for your loving kindness and tender mercies.
5. Father in the name of Jesus, Let every garment of lust, be removed now.
6. Father in the name of Jesus, Let every garment of lieing and deception, be removed.
7. Father in the name of Jesus, I pull off every habit that is hindering your glory from manifesting in my life.
8. Father in the name of Jesus, let every of my attachment to the old nature, be consumed by the fire of the Holy Ghost.
9. Oh Lord, by the power of the Holy Ghost, let the garment of sexual perversion, be removed from my life, in Jesus mighty name.
10. Let the garment of greed and covetousness,be removed from my life, in Jesus mighty name.
11. Oh Lord, let every ungodly garment resisting, hindering my fellowship with the Father, tear off now, in Jesus name.
12. Thank you Father for answered prayers, in Jesus name.