JOF series 11
Journey of freedom
Dr. Deborah Macfoy Akachukwu.
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
There are many covenant promises in the word of God which you cannot access until your life is consecrated for him, for it is written”come out from among them and be you separate and I will receive you”. Until you start living in the fear of God and learn to avoid all forms of wickedness, many of the things we pray for will still elude us. You must be intentional and deliberate if you want to serve because God will honour those who honour him and those who dishonour him will be lightly esteemed.
Benefits of Consecration.
- It ends the afflictions of the wicked.
- It causes your life to please God.
- It gives peace and joy.
- It brings total freedom and deliverance.
- It strengthens your relationship with God.
How to live a consecrated life.
- By the help of the Holy Spirit.
- By determination, dedication and discipline
- By deliberately avoiding every occasion of sin.
- Holy Father, we bless your holy name.
- Almighty God, we thank you for your good hand of protection upon us.
- Oh Lord, my deliverer I thank you for delivering me from the power of darkness.
- Let the powers hindering men from living a consecrated life, be arrested now, in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, let the strength of flesh be broken, in my life and family, in Jesus name.
- Every hold of sin over my spirit, soul and body, break now, in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, I surrender my spirit, soul and body to the Glory of your name.
- Oh Lord, make me an instrument of righteousness and a vessel of honor.
- Let the hunger, zeal and desire to please continue to burn in my life daily, in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, give me heart and mind to renounce all things for the sake of the gospel.
- Oh Lord, by your power cause my life to please you, thereby taking away everything that is contrary to your will in and around my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Thank you Father for answered prayers, in Jesus name.