JOF series 5
90 DAYS JOURNEY OF FREEDOM
Dr. Deborah Macfoy Akachukwu.
Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
Fasting is the abstinence from food for a period of time in order to seek God. Fasting is one of the ways we can subject our flesh to the spirit, while fasting our soul is humbled before God. So it is a means to humble our soul. In a journey to seek the Lord and His will we must engage in fasting and prayer. It is in seeking Him through fasting and prayer that we actually show we rely on his strength and not on our flesh. It opens up our spirit to focus on the Lord even as we call on him because it weakens the flesh that brings distraction. Fasting is essential in our spiritual journey because it enhances our concentration on the things of spirit.
- To humbles our soul. Psalm 35:13
- Fasting gives weight to our prayer Ezra 8:23
- To restore our fellowship with God. 1 Samuel 7:6
- To seek direction for divine purpose Acts 13:2
- To desire the mercies of God. Daniel 2:18
- To seek divine intervention Esther 4:16
- To express grief and mourning to God.1 Samuel 31:13
- To overcome temptation Matthew 4:1-11
- To seek deliverance and Ezra 8:21
- To seek divine ability to minister the gospel. Luke 4:1-2,14.
- To worship God Luke 2:37
- For major breakthrough in the spirit: Exodus 34:28
- To engage major in building project for the kingdom: Nehemiah 1:4
- 1. Oh Lord my God, I thank you Father for you are worthy to be praised.
- Father, I exalt your Holy name because there is none like you. Glory , honour, power and might be unto your Holy name.
- Merciful Father, show me your mercy according to the multitude of your tender mercies.
- Oh Lord, I pray let the hunger for fasting and prayer come upon me again, in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, renew your spirit within me cause my life to be aligned with your will and purpose for my life.
- Oh Lord, restore to me the grace for fasting and prayer, so that I might live to please you.
- Oh Lord, kill the fleshly appetite in me that will not allow me to fast.
- Oh Lord separate me from anything that will not allow me to Walk in the spirit especially in this season, in Jesus name.
- Let every power attached to my flesh to weaken my fasting life, be arrested now by fire, in Jesus mighty name.
- Oh Lord, give me divine strength to overcome the desire of the flesh,in Jesus mighty name.
- Oh Lord, intensify my hunger for your presence, in Jesus name.
- Thank you Father for answered prayers, in Jesus mighty name.