Prayer Focus: Remember Nineveh
So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
The people of Nineveh acknowledged that they had sinned against God by humbling themselves in fasting and prayer and putting on the sack clothes. These acts drew the mercy of God to them and divine judgment was intercepted. Releasing yourself to God with all your heart will surely attract the attention of God. Therefore let your heart be prepared to seek Him in this season by removing every distraction and comfort of the flesh as you engage in this spiritual exercise.
THINGS THAT MADE GOD TO HAVE MERCY ON THE PEOPLE OF NINEVEH.
- They believed the Word of the Lord.
- They humbled themselves in fasting.
- They felt remorse for their actions by putting on the sack cloth.
- They were sincere in their actions.
- Father in the name of Jesus, we lift your name on high for you alone deserve my worship and praise.
- Eternal Father, we thank you for the great mercy you have shown us thereby delivering us from destruction.
- Unchangeable God, we bring repentance on the Altar and ask that you forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Oh Lord, I pray let your eyes of Mercy be upon my soul and deliver me from destruction.
- Oh Lord, cast me not away from your presence and do not take your Holyspirit from me.
- Oh Lord, restore unto me the Joy of my salvation and Renew your spirit within me.
- Oh Lord, Let every thing that is not magnifying your name in my life, be removed in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, let your anger and judgement over my life and family, be pacified by your mercy as we seek your face, in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, show me the path of Life, so that I may live for you, in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, clothe me with the garment of humility and righteousness, in Jesus mighty name.
- Let the reproach and shame of sin, be rolled away from my life and family, in Jesus mighty name.
- Thank you Father for answered prayers, in Jesus mighty name.