28TH, OCTOBER, 2021.
DAY TWENTY-THREE (23)
DR. DEBORAH AKACHUKWU
PRAYER FOCUS: REST ON EVERY SIDE
PRAYER FOR 120 DAYS TARRY FOR GREATER GLORY:
1 Kings 5:4
“But now the LORD my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent.”
What is rest? Any relief from exertion; a state of quiet and relaxation, peace and freedom from worry, anxiety, and annoyance, could be termed rest. But there is an ultimate rest in Jesus Christ, where perfect tranquility is achieved, for He said, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. It is this rest that makes us to live above any situation. This was the secret behind Solomon’s peaceful reign. The Lord gave him rest. When we enter our rest, we cease from our labours, strugglings, and wars.
THE EFFECTS OF REST
a. It guarantees victory before any battle.
b. It gives us an edge over our enemies.
c. It makes us to flow in line with God’s perfect will.
d. It brings all oppositions/conflicts to a halt.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, we thank you for your grace, even your unmerited favour upon our lives.
- Thank you, Father, for your preservation and care over our soul.
- Thank you, Father, for the peace that passes understanding which you have given us.
- We thank you, Father, for the love of the Holy Ghost, which is shed abroad in our hearts.
- Father, please give us rest from all our troubles; for vain is the help of man.
- Father, in the name of, we command peace and stillness to every raging waves in our lives.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, we command every spirit of restlessness in us to be bound and cast into the bottomless pit.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, we command every spirit that brings fear of the unknown to be arrested now – in Jesus name.
- Every evil altar of unrest set for provocation against our soul, catch fire and be reduced to ashes – in Jesus mighty name.
- O Lord, give us rest and close every door of the adversary – in Jesus mighty name.
- My Father, cause your light to shine on our path and give us rest on every side.
- Thank you, Father, for answered prayers – in Jesus mighty name.