The Nigerian government is the body responsible for governance, rulership, directorship, and leadership of the people in the country. They are to oversee everything which goes on in the country and take good care of the country’s well-being.
WHAT ARE THESE STRONGHOLDS?
Strongholds are fortified cities. They are places of refuge. A stronghold is a place built to resist attacks. It is a place that houses treasurable things. A stronghold can as well be a person that has some unusual useful and sensitive information about a course or a system, it could also be a place or body that has the records of important documentations. No nation is careless with her strongholds lest the enemy invades and attacks.
Our nation Nigeria has her various strongholds that cut across various sectors, like political, business, economic, science, and technology. This is because in these sectors lies some governing bodies (strongholds) that secure the country’s treasurable materials and information. For every nation to be stable and run smoothly, her strongholds must be safe.
If for any reason any nation discovers that her strongholds are under contention, she will set up plans to recapture them. The bible spoke of David taking over Jerusalem, being the stronghold of Zion, from the hands of his enemies the Jebusites that are contending over it and have inhabited it.
2 Samuel 5:6-7;  And the king and his men went to Jerusalem against the Jebusites, the inhabitants of the land, who spoke to David, saying, “You shall not come in here; but the blind and the lame will repel you,” thinking, “David cannot come in here.”  Nevertheless David took the stronghold of Zion (that is, the City of David). David understood that if the Jebusites success in taking over his stronghold, they will rule over them.
David rose to fight for the stronghold of Jerusalem when he discovered that the Jebusite has taken over it. The same is expected of us as believers to resist the enemies contending with the stronghold of our nation.
NIGERIA’S STRONGHOLDS UNDER CONTENTION
We weep over the great losses that some strongholds of Nigeria have suffered within ten (10) days amidst the breakout of the covid 19 pandemics. The sudden fire incident that took place in Abuja at the Treasury house on the 8th of April 2020, Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) on the 15th of April 2020, and Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on the 17th of April 2020 really caught the attention of our heart in a humbling manner.
Though we may not be able to state the reason for the fire incident, notwithstanding, it has made us to understand that we need to call upon God for help in a time like this. Over our nation, we cry out for mercy.
When we look deep into our security system, we will also discover that our security system is under serious attack. The tribal and religious war is on the increase as the day goes by. The security body ought to be the major stronghold of the nation. If they are not in charge then there is a problem. However, we are not really counting on them because we know that if the Lord does not keep the city the watchmen watch in vain. O Lord we need your intervention.
THE WAY FORWARD
2 CHRONICLES 7:14 If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (NKJV)
We must truly repent both on our behalf and on the behalf of our leaders and confess God the maker of heaven and earth as the Lord of Nigeria
2 Chronicles 15:12-15 “Then they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; 13 and whoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. 14 Then they took an oath before the LORD with a loud voice, with shouting and trumpets and rams’ horns. 15 And all Judah rejoiced at the oath, for they had sworn with all their heart and sought Him with all their soul; and He was found by them, and the LORD gave them rest all around.” (NKJV)
We must renounce the altars this nation in one way or the other had been dedicated and discharge the personalities involved from their diabolical assignment, then rededicate this nation to God. Paul said in 1Tim 12, “…for I am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto him…” Having done that then we wholeheartedly seek him.
Psalms 2:10-11 “Now therefore, be wise, O kings; Be instructed, you judges of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, And rejoice with trembling.” (NKJV)
Proverbs 11:14 “Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” (NKJV)
Proverbs 21:1 “The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.” (NKJV)
Job 12:23-25 “He makes nations great, and destroys them; He enlarges nations, and guides them. 24 He takes away the understanding of the chiefs of the people of the earth, And makes them wander in a pathless wilderness. 25 They grope in the dark without light, And He makes them stagger like a drunken man.” (NKJV)
1 Timothy 2:1-2 “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.” (NKJV)
- Father, we thank you for this country Nigeria. We thank you for you are doing great things in our midst, we know it Lord and we are grateful 1 Tim 2:1-2.
- Eternal Father, today we repent of every of our shortcomings and wrongdoings in this nation. WE APPROACH YOUR THRONE OF MERCY AND WE ASK FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS, 1John 1:9.
- In humility o lord, we plead that you hear us and heal our land. O Lord deliver us in your righteousness, 2Chronicles 7:14.
- We pray for the government of Nigeria. We ask for your eternal wisdom to be made manifest in the lives of our leaders at all levels, James 1:5.
- O lord our God we pray that you give our leaders the kind of strength and ability you gave to David that enabled him to recapture the stronghold of Zion from the hands of his enemies, 2Sam 5:6-7.
- Our dear Lord, concerning the government of Nigeria and the masses at large, by your power we paralyze and frustrate the strongholds of Satan attacking her and her effort to make Nigeria a better place, 2cor 10:4-5.
- Oh God, that answers by fire, uproot everything you have not planted in Nigeria that is resisting the manifestation of her glory, matt 15:13.
- Oh Lord prosper the effort of the leaders of Nigeria in all they do to see that this nation is totally delivered from captivity and shame, Gen 39:3.
- We command the fire of God to surround the strongholds of Nigeria and that it arrests every negative force that has invaded them, Luke 12:49.
- We declare and decree That Nigeria is in your hands O God and we have no other God but You, Psalm 31:5.