PRAYERS AND HOW TO PROVOKE DIVINE VISITATION.
SCRIPTURAL TEXT:Ezekiel 38 v 8a; Jeremiah 15 v 15a; Romans 9 v 15 – 16; Genesis 38 v 8a; 21 v 1 Job 10 v 12; Psalm 8 v 4; 80 v 14; 106 v 4Ruth 1 v 6; Exodus 4 v 51; 1 Sam. 2 v 21;
What is Divine Visitation?
Divine visitation is one that is orchestrated by God himself. It is such that changes a situation from negative to positive; it is an act or move of God that demonstrates His greatness and faithfulness. Divine visitation means God stepping in with solutions.
Divine visitation brings heaven down and overrules the powers of the enemy at work in our situation, opening the floodgates of heaven to bring down blessings that money cannot buy, nor human influence guarantee.
FIVE WAYS TO ATTRACT A DIVINE VISITATION
- A question of trust in who Jesus is. Bartimaeus knew that Jesus would stop for him.
- A question of taking the opportunity.
- A question of thirst.
- He didn’t lose his thirst and fire because of others.
- A question of breaking with the old life.
This is a Divine Appointment. When God visits His people, it will be at His own initiative. When God visits His people, He will involve His people to be a part of His activity. When God visits His people, His intention is to impact many. When God visits His people, His timing will be perfect.
“Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people” (Luke 1 v 68)
It is really God’s own prerogative to visit His children divinely; it is for Him to decide, and it is part of His sovereign Will. He said in Romans 9 v 15 – 16 “I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion, so then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy” So the issue of God’s divine visitation is important because every great and outstanding achievement in life answers to divine visitation. Many wonderful dreams, lofty ideas can only find fulfillment by God’s divine visitation. Men and women, who depended solely on their own strength, had failed woefully. Divine visitation puts an end to prolonged delay; it removes barriers.
When every hope fails, a divine encounter is needed. Many children of God have been fighting all kinds of battles over the years without meaningful results. It seems as if God is no more in the business of helping His own, but God can divinely visit and make challenges to expire, thereby releasing you into His rest concerning that matter.
The man by the beautiful gate in Acts 3 v 2 – 8 was positioned there, but nothing was beautiful of his life. When God stepped into his matter, He brought him out of his undesirable condition, and beauty was restored into his life within minutes; his hope was restored. The God who visits divinely is the one who promised abundant life as seen in John 10 v 10, and He is true to His word. His visit makes the great greater and turns curses into blessings; all you need is such a visit.
God has been in the business of singling out his own for divine visitation in the Bible. In 1 Kings 17 v 10, the Widow of Zarephath had an encounter of selective visitation. The widow was facing her worst nightmare; she had one last meal, which would only be sufficient for herself and her son. Death starred her in the face, and then came the visitor sent by God. He made her an offer, and she accepted it. Death was disappointed and put to shame, and the widow lived better than she had ever lived.
KEYS TO PROVOKE DIVINE VISITATION
- Get rid of sin in your life
- Obey God completely and absolutely
- Be prayerful
- Be sensitive to His call.
Mark 10 v 46 gave the account of Blind Bartimaeus Timaeus, who experienced divine visitation among the multitude. He had a visitation that resulted in a miracle that opened his eyes. He was specifically visited with a lifetime miracle.
John 11 v 14 – 44, talks about the case of Lazarus, who was resurrected back to life after being dead for 4 days. Beloved, it might interest you to know that several people died that same day in Bethany, but only Lazarus was selectively visited for a living-proof testimony.
The Mad man of Gadarenes in Luke 8 v 26, was also divinely visited. A man who suffered from chronic madness, and also he was not the only mad person in the city of Gadarenes, but he was the only one visited for healing; he was given a permanent deliverance, and he became a publisher.
John 5 v 2 – 3, gives an account of the impotent man by the pool of Bethesda, who had been there for 38 years, who needed human help to be carried into the pool of water. The man said, “I have no man to help me”. In your season of visitation, you will hear God clearly asking – do you want to be made well? He wasn’t the only sick person by that pool of water, but he was the only one singled out for divine visitation, that led to his healing. Jesus Christ visited him as the great physician, the great healer and not as an angel who troubled the waters. Jesus Christ visited him and removed his prolonged, age-long problem.
In Luke 19 v 2, Zacchaeus, a well-to-do, short man in the city of Jericho, a nobleman of no mean repute among the publicans, whom Jesus Christ visited, ate with, and brought salvation into his household. God singled out Zacchaeus, out of the rich publicans of his time in Jericho for divine visitation.
Moreover, there were many lepers in Israel during the time of Elisha, but Naaman(Luke 4 v 27) the Syrian warlord, a general and nobleman was singled out for divine visitation that led to his healing and cleansing.
EVIDENCE OF GOD’S VISITATION
- When God visits, supernatural breakthroughs occur.
- Prophetic words are fulfilled.
- Removal of barrenness, as recorded in Gen. 21 v 1 when God visited Sarah as He had said.
- Uncommon turnaround in all ramifications.
- Diverse of Miracles
The Bible is full of several visitations or interventions of God at the request of man. There are individual cases of divine visitations such as the case of Hannah and Jabez, and there are also congregational visitations by God such as when Jehoshaphat prayed with his people and when Elijah prayed before the people.
God is interested in visiting individuals and congregations both in small and large groups. Divine visitation should not be the exception; instead, it should be our expectation throughout the year.
POWER HABITS THAT ACTIVATE DIVINE VISITATION
- Word Encounter – Something drops from God, and then He turns everything inside you around. Every divine visitation is accompanied by revelation from the Word. It is the revelation that sparks a revolution in your life – 1 Sam. 3 v 21; Gen. 12 v 1 – 3. Beloved, every genuine word encounter puts you on top of life’s situations.
- Violent Prayers – Everything about our inheritance in the New Testament requires the engagement of spiritual violence. Matthew 11 v12. Violent prayer is a covenant requirement for maximizing the blessings of divine visitation.
- Lover of God – God manifests Himself to individuals who love Him – John 14 v 21. Every true lover of God enjoys divine visitation naturally.
- Trust in His Prophets – Prophets are channels of divine visitation to every generation – Luke 4 v 25 – 27. When God sends a man on a mission, He works with him; He works in him and anoints him to deliver.
- Being in the Sanctuary – being in God’s Sanctuary compels His regular visitation among His people. Psalm 132 v 13 – 15. It is one of the vital physical platforms for divine visitation – Psalm 84 v 7.
- Strong Praise – Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises; the prisoners heard them, and God stepped in – Acts 16 v 25. strong praise is a platform for visitation.
- Violent Sacrifice – Sacrifice is one of the ways we maximize the miracle power of divine visitation, Psalm 50 v 5. It is the sacrifice that touches you in value.
Hindrances to Divine visitation.
- Lack of Salvation – John 10:9.
- Sin – Destiny Killer – Secret Sin – Prov. 9:17-18 and Besetting Sin – Heb. 12:1; Col. 3:5-16.
- Association – 1 Cor. 15:33.
- Compromise – Prov. 1:10.
- Unsanctified Life – 2 Tim. 2:19-21.
- Prayerlessness – Luke 18:1.
- Disobedience – 1 Sam. 13:1-14
- Thank God for what only Him can do. My expectations throughout this year and beyond become manifestations in Jesus name.
- My dead breakthrough, I command in Jesus name, come alive.
- Oh Lord, my father, single my family out for a turn-around visitation in Jesus name.
- Anointing for selective divine visitation, fall on me in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord by your mercy, single me out for divine visitation in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord my father, hear my cry, I present myself before you, the open heaven that will bring about my divine visitation, I command in Jesus name, open by fire.
- Any barrier that can prevent my Divine visitation both in the spiritual realm and on the physical, you that barrier I command in Jesus name burn by fire.
- Any dark altar raised to prevent my divine visitation; I command in Jesus name scatter.
- Network of darkness congregated to prevent my Divine visitation throughout this year and beyond, I command in Jesus name scatter by fire.
- Any conspiracy against my Divine visitation, I command in Jesus name, scatter.
- Any negative mindset in my life, any negative approach, behaviour, character, or habits that may prevent my divine visitation, this year, hear the word of the Lord, die by fire.
- Distractions in any form, that may prevent my divine visitation, I command in Jesus name die by fire.
- Every ungodly association and every Lot, connected to my Abraham that may prevent my divine visitation, I command be cut-off in Jesus name.
- Mistakes and errors, orchestrated to prevent my divine visitation, I command in Jesus name disappear.
- Any trap, snare, laid on my way to prevent my Divine Visitation, catch your owners in Jesus name.
- Any set-up on my way up, aimed at preventing my divine visitation, I command in Jesus name catch fire.
- Throughout this year and beyond, for me and my family, we shall enjoy divine visitation in Jesus name.
- Power of God for absolute achievement, locate me in Jesus name.
- Power of God, single me out for abundance, healing, and all-around breakthrough in Jesus name.
- Father thank you for answered prayers in Jesus Name Amen.