Prayers and How to Access Divine Healing
Texts: Isa 53, Peter 2:24, Acts 10:38, James 5:13-15, Exo 15:26, Mark 16:17-18, Deut 7:12,15
It is needful we understand and appreciate that it is in the mind of God that we are healed. Also, it is more important to us that we understand as well that provision has been made throughout the scriptures that we live in health. It is one thing to be healed but it is yet another thing to live in health. In Exo 15:26, the Lord spoke to the children of Israel saying;
“If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.”
From the above scripture, the Lord made a promise to His children of living in health. Not putting any of those diseases upon them simply speaks of them living in health.
In the beginning, Adam never knew God as Jehovah Rapha (God who heals). The name Jehovah Rapha was revealed after the fall of man. In the garden of Eden, there was nothing like sickness and disease, so to be sick was a completely strange thing to Adam. Now with this revelation, we can actually trace the root of sickness and the original intent of God for mankind.
The original intent of God for His children is to live in health and not to be healed. Before the fall of man, there was no place it’s recorded that Adam was in need of healing. Why? The setting of the garden of Eden with the presence of God that broods over it had no space for sickness.
By this revelation I pray for you, may the Lord bring you to the point of living in health. The Lord will not just heal you, but He will trigger the provisions of healthy living to begin to find expression in your life.
Understanding Divine Healing
Now, having understood that God originally intends divine health for us, it’s also important to know that the fall of man brought in diseases, sicknesses, weakness, adversity into the system and that is the reason for divine healing. Sin literally opened doors for the anomalies we face today. In this fallen state of man, healing becomes necessary, if he must fulfill the purpose of God for his life.
Healing Through Jesus Christ
Through Jesus, the provisions for our healing were made available. Since it was sin that brought about all manner of sickness into the system, Jesus through His death on the cross paid the full price for your sin and bore it on His body so that you can be restored to your original nature where sickness can not exercise authority over you
1 Pet 2:24 “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.”
Through His death, Jesus incapacitated the power of sin from being able to release its sting again in your life. But there is a condition, in order to become a partaker of these benefits, you must as a matter of necessity acknowledge and submit to the lordship of Jesus Christ in spirit and in truth.
We saw also from the above passage that the death of Jesus put sin to death and that was the day sin lost its power of dominion over us. Child of God, reject being a slave to sin, for sin has no such power again. This revelation if received in your spirit can end sinful addictions in your life even now.
Take These Prayers:
- In the name of Jesus, by the revelation of God’s word, I appropriate the benefits of the death of Jesus in my life.
- In the name of Jesus, I declare that sin has lost its potency to rule over me and my actions.
- In the name of Jesus as He through His death has put sin to death in my life, let every form of sickness sin introduced in my life be put to death now.
What it means to Heal
To heal is to restore, revive, make whole, be freed from sin, to be sound again, revitalize, etc. Throughout the scriptures Jesus committed Himself to healing ministry. He went about doing good and healing all manner of diseases.
Acts 10:38: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
He healed ALL who were available to Him for healing. And may I assure you that He is still in the business of healing today. He has not changed. He is the same God yesterday, today, and forever.
- Jesus healed people from sickness and infirmity (Psalm 41:3)
- He healed people from mental affliction (Jonah 2:5-7)
- He healed people from spiritual fatigue (Psalm 23:3)
- He healed people from emotional suffering (Psalm 147:3)
- He healed people from anxiety or worry (John 14:27).
The prophecy that went ahead of Him, captured His healing ministry.
Isaiah 61:1 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;”
He delights in the healing of His people. Healing is part of His divine assignment and He has remained faithful to it. Today I pray for you may the healing power of our Lord Jesus Christ be extended to every area your life needs it in the name of Jesus.
Price for Healing
Read Isaiah 53.
In order for your healing to be established, Jesus paid a heavy price for it:
He was despised and rejected.
Sickness/disease makes one to be rejected and despised. And that was what Jesus went through so that we won’t experience it again.
Isaiah 53:3 “He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.”
He took upon your sorrows and grief.
A sick man is always in sorrow and grieve. Jesus went through that journey for you so that your life will be devoid of it. In the name of Jesus, your sorrows have ended.
He was wounded and bruised.
Jesus took your wounds and bruises on so that you won’t be wounded or bruised again. If there is any wound the enemy has caused in your life, I pray for you receive your healing now in the name of Jesus.
He was chastised for your peace.
Sick folks struggles with peace. Jesus was chastised with sicknesses, infirmities, and afflictions that are troubling your peace so that you can have peace.
He was stripped.
By His stripes, you are healed. The stripes that came on him, swallowed your sicknesses. The enemy can not stripe you again with sickness for the Lord Jesus has taken those stripes on your behalf.
He was oppressed and afflicted.
Verse 7 revealed that. He has paid the price of your oppressions and afflictions so that oppressions will now be far from you according to Isa 54:14. Afflictions shall not arise the second time because Jesus has taken it for you.
He was silenced.
See verse 7. Sickness can make it difficult for one to talk. Jesus when He was in that sorrow, He opened not His mouth. He has been silenced for you so that you can now open your mouth and declare your freedom from sicknesses and afflictions. I declare over your life now, your mouth shall not be shut again in the name of Jesus.
Requirements for Healing
- The bible says, healing is the children’s bread. Matt 15:26. Therefore to access your healing, you must a covenant child of God and not a stranger.
- Have a strong desire to be healed. Matt 20:30-33, Mark 19:51.
- Believe that God is able to heal. The Roman centurion demonstrated that and his servant was healed. Matt 8:5-13.
- Obedience to God. Deut 7:12,15.
- Action of faith. There are numerous examples in the bible where Jesus required people to take an action that would demonstrate their submission to and faith in Him. For example, a lame man was commanded, “Rise, take up thy bed, and walk” (John 5:8), a blind man was told to wash in the pool of Siloam (John 9:7).
- Lord Jesus, thank you for healing me, for you alone have bare my sins and have purged every sickness in my life through your blood.
- Father, in the name of Jesus I beseech you to heal me, revive and repair every damaged cells, tissues and organs in my body for in you I put my trust
- In the name of Jesus, I stand on your word in Jer 33:6 that says, “Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace to ask that you cause my health to spring forth, that I might be made whole.
- I command every power from any altar manipulating my health to collide with the power of the HolyGhost.
- O Lord let your joy that brings strength begin to supply supernatural strength into my spirit, soul and body where I need strength.
- By the authority in the name of Jesus, and by the fire of the Holy Ghost, I destroy, and uproot every root of sickness in my body now. You sickness lose your hold in my life now.
- By the stripes of Jesus I appropriate the healing power of God in my life and household.
- Father, I command the destruction of every arrow send into my body, my bone, veins, tissues, and all other organs by the enemy in the name of Jesus.
- Father, in the name of Jesus, by your blood, flush out every disease, infection, and germs in my body.
- Let the sickness that flies in the air and those that flow through water not rest on my dwelling.
- I rebuke every spirit of infirmity in my body, and command a boost in immune system. Let every dying organ in my body be quickened in Jesus name.
- I decree by the word of God, and the blood of the everlasting covenant total deliverance and recovery from every symptom of sickness, let everything I have lost to the enemy through sicknesses be restored double in Jesus name.