SPIRIT OF LIMITATION
Limitation can be referred to as the state of being limited or stagnant, not going beyond the set boundary. It is a barrier placed in a person’s way to greatness. They may have the potentials for greatness, excellence, and prosperity, but he/she is not making any real progress or movement in the right direction. Human beings are designed by God to move forward. Almost everything in you is designed to face forward. The things at the back are those you should not really consider. But if you are not truly going forward in any area of your life, then you are limited/stagnant.
Such people have spiritual ropes on their necks that limit them. A limited man is restricted by the devil. He suffers in the midst of plenty opportunities and possibilities. Though he may see, have dreams and visions of where he belongs or what he should attain but finds it difficult to get there.
SCRIPTURES: Jeremiah 4:3, 1Chronicles 4:10, Luke 8:43-48, Isaiah 6:1
SIGNS OF SPIRITUAL LIMITATION
- Rise and fall
- Near success syndrome
- Set back
CAUSES OF LIMITATION
- Ingratitude to God.
- Spiritual ignorance.
- Emotional forces e.g Anger.
- Lack of knowledge.
- Relying on self strength and knowledge.
- Holding unto the guilt of past sins.
- Limited expectations.
EFFECTS OF SPIRITUAL LIMITATION
- Rise and fall.
- Stunted spiritual growth.
WAYS TO OVERCOME SPIRITUAL LIMITATION
- Obedience to God’s word. Prov 3:6-7
- Faith and trust in God. Prov 3:5
- Be positive.
- Be courageous. Joshua 1:9
- Be creative. Isaiah 43:19
- Father Lord, I thank you for the life you gave to me. I am grateful for all the things that you have done for, thank you Lord in Jesus name I pray. Amen.
- Lord I pray that you would open my eyes to see the stronghold of limitations over my life, family, destiny, ministry, business and over that of my loved ones.
- Father help me to identify the manifestation of the spirit of limitation over my life in Jesus name.
- I declare that I am redeemed and am delivered from the powers that are stronger than me in Jesus name amen.
- I move by the power in the name of Jesus to locate the causes of limitation in my life and in the life of my loved ones (put their names).
- Father in the name of Jesus, I stand on the authority in the name of Jesus to oppose the powers of limitations tied to my family and ancestry. I root them out by fire in Jesus name. Amen.
- I decree that the yokes, fetters and other weapons of limitations over my life and family are broken in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
- Let every stumbling block in my academic life, carrier, marriage, business and in my spiritual life be crushed and rolled away in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
- Whatever that limited my parents and forefathers will never limit me in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
- Every line drawn as a limit or boundary for my life, which has resisted, restrained and compressed the largeness, vastness and in-depth measure of God’s grace, gifts, talents and anointing to live for His glory; today, l break such barriers and scale over me in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
- Let every self limited will-power, decisions and choices that l have adopted, which have limited my life and destiny; be erased and be ejected out of my life in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
- I declare deliverance from every spirit of inferiority complex and cold heartedness that has limited me in the past in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
- I declare my deliverance from every spirit of procrastination that has tied me to delay and limitations in the past in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
- By the power in the name of Jesus Christ, l uproot every mechanical, technical and systematical strength given to any spirit through which my opportunities have been limited. Be uprooted by fire in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
- Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, l break through every sealed door inhibiting my rising. l decree and declare my freedom form limitations in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
PSALM 3:3 But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. (NKJV)
- Oh Lord my God in the name of Jesus lift up my head from every flood of adversity in Jesus name.
- My strong tower shield me from every spirit that wants to limit my life, family, destiny, marriage, career, business, in Jesus Name Amen!
PSALM 24:7 Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. (NKJV)
- I call forth the war clubs to shatter to pieces every gate of limitation in my life, my family, my business, career in the name of Jesus.
- Sword of God break down every ancient doors of limitation in my foundation and lineage that is speaking against my life and family members in Jesus name.
- By the authority in the name of Jesus, I cast out every spirit of fear, stagnation, rejection, disappointment, failure, rise and fall, near success syndrome and set back tormenting me and depriving me from attaining higher grounds un Jesus mighty name.
ISAIAH 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it?I will even make a road in the wilderness. And rivers in the desert. (NKJV)
- I release the broom of destruction to destroy every old structure that wants to limit my destiny from springing forth in Jesus mighty Name Amen!
- Let every wilderness and dryness in form of limitation in my life, business, destiny, ministry, family be revived and recieve fresh fire from the throne of God, in Jesus name.
- By the wings of the Holy Spirit, I fly out of the grip of every Spirit of Limitation and its bondage and enter into my divine place of destiny where the Lord has prepared for me to flourish and be nourished, in Jesus name.
1 CHRONICLES 4:9-10: Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” 10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. (NKJV)
- Father I thank you because the spirit of limitation is not mine, I therefore refuse to be subject to it now in Jesus name.
- Just as Jabez I cry out to You oh Father, hearken to my voice and enlarge my territory in Jesus Mighty Name Amen!
- Father let your Mighty Hand rest upon me and bless me mightily beyond my expectations in Jesus name.
- Today, I declare my total freedom from the spirit of limitation and unwanted detention in Jesus mighty name.