SPIRIT OF GEHAZI
Spirit of Gehazi can also be called a greedy spirit. Gehazi was a greedy servant of a powerful prophet Elisha. It is believed that the day he was caught, was not the only day he took something that was not meant for him, he had been doing it, till his cup was finally full. And he was caught and cursed.
Further, greed can be said to be an inordinate, insatiable longing for material gain, food, money, status, power, etc. When a person is greedy, it means that he/she can’t be satisfied or contented with what he/ she has. And this will lead to devious acts. A greedy man cannot be satisfied with what God has given him, he cannot be satisfied even with God because he will always go extra mile to get what he wants no matter what.
Spirit of Gehazi (Greed) is a killer and it corrupts. It makes a person not to be spiritually connected. There are examples in the Bible where people manifested such spirit and they paid dearly for it.
SCRIPTURES: 2 Kings 5:20-27, 2Samuel 11:2-27, Joshua 7:1-26, Proverbs 1:18-19, Proverbs 15:27, 1Timothy 3:3,8, Isaiah 56:11, Acts 5:1-10, 1Kings 21:1-29, Hebrews 13:5.
SIGNS OF A GREEDY MAN/ SPIRIT OF GEHAZI
- When you begin to follow God for earthly gains.
- When you start looking for miracles ie miracle alerts.
- Feelings that God is not enough.
- When you put your business first other than God (Matthew 6:33).
- Feelings that God is partial in giving.
- When you start acquiring unnecessary property.
- When you start demanding more than you need or want.
- When you help people and expect something in return.
- When you love conditionally
PRAYER AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF GEHAZI
MATTHEW 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (NKJV)
- Father, I repent from every gimmicks I have used to extort things from people in the time past, in Jesus name.
- Beloved Holy Spirit, bestow me with the fruit of self-control that I may seek first the Kingdom of God and also make me to be contented with what God has blessed me with in Jesus name.
- Lord, enable me to find joy and pleasure in the littlest things and to be sincerely happy for others when they have attained heights that I wish for in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
- My Father, as the deer pants for the waters enable my soul to always long and yearn for you and never lose focus, in Jesus mighty name.
HEBREWS 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.(NKJV)
- Forgive me oh Lord, wherever I have coveted the things I shouldn’t and allowed greed to rule over my life. I bring repentance today. Please, merciful Father, forgive me.
- Father let your sword slay the spirit of greed and covetousness found in any aspect of my life in Jesus name, Amen.
- I command every tempting voice that keeps whispering covetous words to me to be silenced now in Jesus mighty name.
- Let the consuming fire of God burn up every spirit of Gehazi directing me to embark on a journey that will lead to my destruction in Jesus name.
LUKE 10:41 And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. (NKJV)
- Circumcise my heart oh Lord and free me from that which troubles my heart and give me the grace to focus on the things I have and be contented in Jesus name.
- I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness to guard my heart from worries and to maintain a sound mind in Jesus Name.