DEALING WITH THE SPIRIT OF SUICIDE
Suicide can be defined as an act of self-killing, slaughter. It is an intentional action taken to end your life as a result of self-rejection, dejection, or humiliation, low self-esteem, or worth. The spirit of suicide is responsible for suicidal thoughts. It’s often hard to pray when you’re consumed with suicidal thoughts. Suicidal thoughts only survive within an outlook of complete hopelessness. Many people who struggle with suicidal thoughts feel like they are alone. Suicide is the extreme dead-end of hopelessness. Allowing thoughts of hopelessness to control your thinking narrows and darkens your path till suicide appears to be the only option, BUT IT IS NOT. There are plenty of other solutions; you just can’t see them now because hopelessness has blinded you to them. You would be surprised by how much the Bible talks about suicide. There are several helpful examples of those who took their life and many reminders of hope throughout Scripture. Hope, true Bible hope, is the best antidote for hopelessness. Take the hope that is resident in the promises of God and put it into your heart. Your outlook will change. God has a wonderful habit of raising individuals out of impossible situations. He enjoys doing it, and it brings Him glory.
The Bible is full of stories of people, just like you, that were delivered out of extremely dangerous and potentially embarrassing situations – including His own Son, Jesus. You are no different. Reject the guilt and shame, and absorb His love, forgiveness, and hope. You will make it out of this situation! The darkness will not last. That is the real truth, but for it to work, you must see it as truth and believe it. This is where reading, speaking, and meditating on God’s promises comes in. They will grow hope and belief in your heart. Allow God’s good word to cheer you up. God’s word is the only true source of hope because it shows the will of Him who can help. Allow the hope of a good result to seep back into your heart. The hope that is resident in the promises of God will open the eyes of your heart, and you will be able to see again. It will get brighter. Suicide only appears like an option when the devil has hidden all your other options. Allow the Bible to open your eyes. Read the bible scriptures on hope, recognizing that God can turn any life around for glory and joy. There is supernatural strength and healing when you claim the power of God and gain support to fight on.
More importantly, pray! It’s often the very last thing you want to do, you will therefore require self-discipline, self-control, and strength that can only come from God.
SCRIPTURES: Proverbs 12: 25; Psalm 25:3; Ephesians 1: 18-19; Philipians 4:6-7; 2 Thessalonians 2: 16-17; Psalm 34: 18-19; Isaiah 55:11; Isaiah 41:10; Jeremiah 29:11; John 10:10; Romans 8:38-39; 1 John 4:4; Mark 16:16; Romans 8:1-2, Psalm 55: 22 John 14:18-19,27
CAUSES OF SUICIDE
- Emotional trauma
- Death of a loved one
- Rejection and dejection
- Bipolar disorder
- Alcoholism and substance abuse
- Mental illness or disorder etc.
SIGNS OF SUICIDAL SPIRIT
- Feeling hopeless and dejected.
- Being alone and feels you have no reason to go on living.
- Making a will or giving away personal possessions.
- Searching for a means of doing personal harm, such as getting insecticide, drugs, etc.
- Sleeping too much or too little.
- Eating too little or eating too much, resulting in significant weight gain or loss.
- Engaging in reckless behaviors, including excessive alcohol or drug consumption.
- Avoiding social interactions
- Expressing rage or unnecessarily angry
- Intentions to seek revenge
- Showing signs of extreme anxiousness or agitation
- Having dramatic mood swings
- Depressed and seeing suicide as a way out.
WAYS TO GET RID OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS
- Staying positive. Focus your mind on the things God has blessed you with and not on the things you lack. Furthermore, be content.
- Rebuke that evil voice whenever it comes ministering suicidal thoughts and it will flee forever.
- Always feed your soul with the word of God and also listen to Christian songs, it will help lift up your spirit whenever you are down.
- Surround yourself with positive minds and never forsake Christian gatherings/meetings.
PRAYERS AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF SUICIDE
- Eternal Rock of Ages, I appreciate you for all you have done for me from the time of my birth till this present day, glory be to your name forever amen.
- I ask oh God, that you purge me of all uncleanliness and unrighteousness that I will be made whole in Jesus name I pray amen.
- I plead that your mercy speaks for me today as I make this prayer in Jesus name amen.
- According to your Word oh Lord, I receive that gift of abundant life and the enemy can never take it away in Jesus name amen (John 10:10).
- By the power in the name of Jesus I silence every evil voice whispering to me and planting suicidal thoughts in me in Jesus name.
- Because Jesus live I live also (John 14:19b) because Jesus prevailed I shall prevail, because Jesus did not fail I shall not fail, therefore by the power of the Holy Ghost, I cast down any suicidal thoughts, feelings of loneliness, rejection and dejection in the name of Jesus I declare total freedom to my spirit, soul and body in Jesus name amen.
- I receive the peace of God upon my mind, spirit, destiny, health etc in Jesus name.(Philippians 4:7)
- Precious Holy spirit fill up my head and heart with the right thoughts. Erase every form of negativity from me in Jesus name.
- In God’s infinite love and mercy, He sent His beloved Son (Jesus Christ) to die for my sins, that I may live and not perish, today I decree in the name of Jesus I shall not perish but will have eternal life amen.
- I declare that in every life storm I shall only focus on Jesus as the author and finisher of my faith in Jesus name.
- Heavenly Father, I glorify your name and I say thank you for the grace and privilege given to me to make this prayer, thank you for delivering me from the evil hands of the enemy that want to destroy my life through suicide. Today, I am FREE HALLELUJAH!!
ROMANS 8:31 (NKJV) What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
- Everlasting Father, I thank you because you are with me, no one can be against me and because Jesus lives I live also. (John 14:19b).
- In the name of Jesus Christ and by the authority He has given me to bind anything and it shall be bound in heaven, I bind every spirit of suicide against my life and family and cast them to abyss where they shall remain bound until the judgment day. Amen!
- By the same authority to lose anything and it shall be loosed, I loose myself, children, spouse from the grip of spirit of suicide now! Lose us and let us go in Jesus name, Amen.
JEREMIAH 29:11(NKJV) “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope”.
- Let the Lord’s hard, great and strong sword of fire locate the spirit of suicide hovering around me and attempting to deprive me of attaining the successful future God has for me.
- Let the broom of God sweep away from my mind every setback or deep hurts of the past tormenting me and causing me depression.
- I command the consuming fire of God to consume every atom of darkness that seeps hopelessness into my life
- I decree and declare that all things shall work together for my good and in the Name of Jesus I receive HOPE for my future.
ROMANS 8 1-2 (NKJV) “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death”.
- Every sin or omission of the past that keeps rearing its head and makes it difficult to forgive myself even after the Lord has forgiven me be silenced now!
- Blood of Jesus flush out every suicidal thought the evil voice of suicide keeps dropping in my mind.
- Loving spirit of God saturate me with the love and peace of God that surpasses human understanding that I may find pleasure in living and be able to emit love to people around and in return receive love. Amen.
- Let the joy of the Lord fill me to the brim and leave no vacuum for the enemy to penetrate. From this day forth, I receive the fruits of the spirit in full dose in Jesus name. Amen!