Deliverance is to rescue someone from bondage or danger. Deliverance in the Bible is the acts of God whereby He rescues His people from peril. Before the birth of Jesus Christ, deliverance is focused primarily on God’s removal of those who are in the midst of trouble or danger. He rescues His people from their enemies and from the hand of the wicked (1Samuel 17:37; 2Kings 20:6). He preserves them from famine (Psalm 33:19), an example of this was when God delivered the Israelites from their oppressors and task masters (Egyptians/Pharaoh) (Exodus 14.). In the New Testament God granted us deliverance through the shedding of blood of His only begotten Son (Jesus Christ). All aspects of deliverance are available only through the person and work of Jesus Christ, who was Himself delivered up for us (Romans 4:25) so that we would be delivered from eternal punishment for sin. Only Jesus rescues us from the “wrath to come” (1 Thessalonians 1:10). Deliverance is also seen as been free from evil spirits or the spirit of lust, jealousy, etc. It’s important to understand that, as believers, we already have eternal victory over Satan and demons. But we can be delivered from their influence in our lives by using two weapons God has given us as part of our spiritual armor with which we battle “against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12-17). The believer defends himself with the ‘Shield of Faith and uses the offensive weapon of the ‘Word of God’. Against these two, no spirit can prevail. By holding up the shield of faith, we extinguish the flaming spiritual arrows they send against us, arrows of lust, doubt, guilt, jealousy, evil speech, and all manner of temptations. With the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, we overcome the evil one by proving his temptations to be lies because he is the father of lies (John 8:44). John’s second letter commends the young Christians whose spiritual strength came from the Word of God living in them. By the offensive weapon of the Truth, we overcome the evil one (1 John 2:14).
SCRIPTURES: Matthew 1:21, John 11:43-44, Luke 7:11-15, Exodus 3:8-10, 1Samuel 19:10-24, 2 kings 11:1-21, Genesis 41:16-49, Daniel 6:8-22.
WHAT BRINGS ABOUT DELIVERANCE
- When you want to break generational curses/bondages
- Evil dedication
- Idolatrous engagement/covenant
- Faulty foundation
- Demonic possession/captivity
- Ignorant of the word of God
NEED/REASONS FOR DELIVERANCE
- Always eating In The Dreams
- Unusual Fear
- Chronic sickness
- Negative addictions
- Always owing/constant borrowing
- Practicing witchcraft
- Inordinate affections
- Marriage crisis
EFFECTS OF DELIVERANCE
- All-round breakthrough
- Constant open heaven
- Breaking limitations and boundaries
- Living in abundance
- A life free from struggle
- Good health
WAYS TO BE DELIVERED
- Renouncing of evil covenant
- Geniue repentance (Luke 13:5, Acts 3:19, Mark 1:15)
- Accepting and believing in Jesus Christ (John 3:16)
- Obedience to the word of God
- Take a bold step of faith in accordance to the will of God for your life (Genesis 12:1)
PRAYERS FOR TOTAL DELIVERANCE
- Almighty God, the great deliverer I stand to worship and reverence your holy name, let your name be glorified in the name of Jesus amen.
- Abba Father the source of life, I thank You, for your goodness and mercy towards me and my family members, thank you for the gift of life in the name of Jesus amen.
- Great and mighty God, I give You thanks for giving up your only begotten Son to die for my sins thereby delivering me from eternal damnation.
- Merciful Lord, I cry for mercy over my life, family, nation and I ask thee to show us your mercy oh Lord.
- Oh Lord, arise and deliver me from every sin that have held me bound and have caused me to walk against your will in Jesus name amen.
- Father deliver me from every demonic and ancestral captivity, holding me from coming to know your way and will for my life in the name of Jesus amen.
- Oh Lord, deliver me from every demonic sickness that has held me bound now in the name of Jesus Christ.(Luke 13:11-13,16)
COLOSSIANS 1:13 “He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love”. (NKJV)
- Oh Lord deliver me, my destiny and my family from every captivity the kingdom of darkness have held us in, in the name of Jesus amen.
- My Father arise and deliver me from man-made and spiritual obstacles that has caged my advancement in life in Jesus name amen (1chronicles 4:10).
- Oh Lord arise and free me from every forces of stagnation that is messing up my destiny and life now in the name of Jesus amen.
- Oh Lord let every yoke and limitation placed upon my life, destiny, business, family, career be broken by the anointing of the Holy Ghost now in the name of Jesus Amen (Isaiah 10:27).
- Oh lord deliver me from every kingdom that is holding my breakthrough, let their pillars collapse permanently in the mighty name of Jesus.(John 14:14).
ZECHARIAH 9:11 “As for you also, because of the blood of your covenant, I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit”. (NKJV)
- O lord pull me out from every prison of limitations, delay, poverty, satanic pot and restore me into my breakthrough and open doors in Jesus name.
- By the power in the Blood of Jesus Christ, as I confess so shall it be, I gain access into all my open doors this season, whether the devil likes it or not, in Jesus mighty name amen (Revelation 12:11).
- Oh Lord let every paralysis in my academic, finance, marital, family, destiny, ministry receive restoration and deliverance now in Jesus name amen (Numbers 14:28).
- Oh Lord as I pray let every satanic key used to lock up my destiny, marriage, womb, favour, academics, business, ministry, promotion, husband, wife, children break now by the fire of the Holy Ghost in the name of Jesus amen (Hebrews 12:29).
- Father in the name of Jesus, whatever you have not planted in my life and destiny must be uprooted, therefore I decree let every evil, satanic, demonic seed in me be uprooted by fire in Jesus name amen (Matthew 15:13).