WITCHCRAFT AND REBELLIOUS SPIRIT
Rebellion is simply disobedience to God and is likened to the spirit of divination (witchcraft). 1 Samuel 15:23. Witchcraft is commonly known as a practice to communicate with spirits in search of answers, powers, and miracles. God warned Israel that those practices are forbidden since He is their source. Rebellion is established on pride that says, “I don’t need you, God. I will find answers to my solutions without your aid and approval. Then I will begin to influence people with what I know and receive all the glory. When you go against everything God asks of you, allowing your emotions and desires to control everything you do, you are rebellious and you practice witchcraft as well.
SCRIPTURES: 1Samuel 15:23, John 8:32, 1Corinthians 10:13, Galatians 14:1-8, Ezekiel 28:12-18, James 4:17, Isaiah 14:12
SIGNS OF WITCHCRAFT AND REBELLIOUS SPIRIT
- Quick to analyze and rationalize
- Slow to obey
- Experts at justification
- Making excuses
- Placing yourself more highly than others
CAUSES OF WITCHCRAFT AND REBELLIOUS SPIRIT
- Desire to be in authority.
- Desire to be noticed and recognized.
- Desire for fame and popularity.
- Desire to be celebrated.
- Feelings that you can do more and better than your boss.
- When you want people to hold you in high esteem and revere you.
EFFECTS OF WITCHCRAFT AND REBELLIOUS SPIRIT
- Witchcraft and rebellious spirit opens a portal/door/gate for demonic bondage (Acts 16:16, 1Samuel 16:14)
- It cuts a person off from God.
- It is also a great way to find yourself in a dry land spiritually. (Psalm 68:6).
- A man that is rebellious, his heart is not right with God. (Psalm 78:8)
- The person will face God’s judgment (Ezekiel 3:26)
- It shuts your ear from being able to hear from God when God is speaking. (Ezekiel 12:2)
- You end up in darkness, death, and despair (Psalm 107: 9-15).
HOW TO OVERCOME WITCHCRAFT AND REBELLIOUS SPIRIT
NOTE: It is not easy for your human nature to easily obey the word of God. So, discipline yourself to avoid spiritual laziness and sins, and the grace of God will sustain you. Witchcraft is a practice that distracts the mind and faith of the practitioner from the Almighty Power of God. The use of witchcraft to help the church is ungodly and it cannot stand the test of fire. (1Peter 1:7).
- Let your faith be in God alone and disregard materialism.
- Let your heart always burn for the Lord all the time. The powers of witchcraft find it easy to attack a passive heart.
- Renew your heart always with the Word of God and good inspirational gospel music. (Colossians 3:16)
- Obedience to God’s Word (Bible). Demons find it difficult to attack the obedient Christians. But, rebellious ‘Christians’ are cheap goats for the witches to prey on.
- Don’t take part in worldly practices that are generally accepted by the society. Focus your lifestyle on the spiritual activities that are clearly stated in the Bible.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you in all you do (Proverbs 3:6-7)
PRAYER AGAINST WITCHCRAFT AND REBELLIOUS SPIRIT.
- Thank you dear Holy Spirit for the prompting to pray this day. Father, please hearken to my voice as I pray in Jesus name.
- Father, I plead that no sin of mine shall be a hindrance to my prayers being answered. Wash me clean that I may access your throne of grace in Jesus name.
- Every witchcraft and rebellious spirit be scattered by the storm of the Holy Ghost Isaiah29:6
- Every witchcraft and rebellious spirit-embargo placed upon my head in the spirit realm may you embrace the flame and devouring fire in Jesus name Isa 29:6
- Father I denounce every rebellious spirit injected in me the name of Jesus.
- Every satanic manipulation of my destiny by witchcraft and rebellious spirit cease by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Father, turn around my captivity and restore my destiny which has been hijacked by the covens of witchcraft and rebellious spirit in Jesus name Amen Ps 12vsI.
- Lord under your authority I seize the atmosphere against the witches and wizards in Jesus name.
- Father, I decree that every witchcraft and rebellious spirit assigned to my life shall bow now at the mention of the name of Jesus Phili 2 vs 10
- I decree that whatever was programmed in the sun against me shall not stand in Jesus name Job 22:28
- Oh you wicked witchcraft and rebellious spirit in my territory be consumed by the fire of the Holy Ghost in Jesus name Daniel 10vs13
- Oh lord, clothe as many as are oppressing my life with shame and reproach in Jesus name. Ps 132:18
1SAMUEL 15:22-23 So Samuel said:
“Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king.”(NKJV)
- Father, l do repent of every way I, my family and our ancestors have been rebellious against you in the past. I plead that let your mercy prevail over judgment in Jesus name.
- I bring repentance upon every rebellious action of my parents’ foundation and ancestry in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I bring repentance upon every land where l have lived and where l am living now. Let the blood of Jesus cleanse these lands from rebellious activities conducted on them in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Every unfaithful act of mine that will hinder the hand of God in my life, let them be cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ. Father, let your mercy speak for me in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, forgive me for every known and unknown sin of witchcraft l have involved myself in. Lord, have mercy and cleanse me in the name of Jesus Chris
PSALM51:10”Create in me a clean heart, O God,And renew a steadfast spirit within me.”(NKJV).
- My Father, melt me, mold me, fill me and saturate me with your word that I will become a new creature and a vessel unto honour.
- Holy Spirit of the living God renew my heart with your Spirit in Jesus Name Amen.
- Father, create in me an obedient heart. l declare that the spirit of obedience has overtaken me, my desires, my business, my will and intellect, my ministry in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, cause my heart to do all that you have asked me to do. I receive today the spirit of obedience which comes from God. Let the spirit of obedience overshadow my mind, thought, passions,desires and my entire life,in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Today, I decree, let the spirit of obedience mount guard around my life. No more rebellion, no more witchcraft traits, no more unsubmission in the name of Jesus Christ.
PSALM 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; (NKJV).
- Oh God, search me, reveal and pull down every stronghold that has been erected in my life, business, ministry, marriage, etc, by the spirit of rebellion in the name of Jesus Christ. 2Cor.10:4-5.
- Let the consuming fire of God burn to ashes every traces of witchcraft that is feasting on my faith in God and resulting to my rebellious acts in Jesus name.
- Sweet Holy Spirit, break me that I may be humble to God’s instructions and never relent in observing them whether or not it suits me in Jesus Name Amen.
PROVERBS 3:5-7 ” Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths”. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil. (NKJV)
- In all my ways I acknowledge that you are Lord over my life, destiny, career, ministry, etc. In Jesus Mighty Me Amen!
- Today, l speak to my inner man, my spirit hear me; you must trust the Lord. My soul hear me, you must trust every instruction from the Lord. My body hear me, you are no longer an instrument of rebellion but of trust and obedience to God’s Word in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I speak to my foundation; you are now founded on Christ the solid Rock. Now let my foundation which is on Christ, where l stand produce in me the spirit of fear and reverence for God in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I declare that my testimony from today is that l am an obedient servant of God in the name of Jesus Christ.