MY LIFE; GOD’S ALTAR
TEXT: DANIEL 5:1-5
Altars are not something to joke with. The power of life and death lies on the altar. Just the same way there are negative altars, that is how we have positive altars. A lot has been preached and said by so many preachers about the altars of darkness, but less has been said about God’s altar. There has never been a time the power of the devil was powerful than the power of God. And such time can never come. So basically we shall be seeing what altar represents and how it is related to us as God’s temple.
Follow me as we read Daniel 5:1-5
Belshazzar the king made a great feast for a thousand of his lords, and drank wine in the presence of the thousand.
While he tasted the wine, Belshazzar gave the command to bring the gold and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken from the temple which had been in Jerusalem, that the king and his lords, his wives, and his concubines might drink from them.
 Then they brought the gold vessels that had been taken from the temple of the house of God which had been in Jerusalem; and the king and his lords, his wives, and his concubines drank from them.
They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold and silver, bronze and iron, wood and stone.
In the same hour the fingers of a man’s hand appeared and wrote opposite the lampstand on the plaster of the wall of the king’s palace; and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.
Altars can kill. I will show you
Now let’s look at what happened in that scripture above
It happened that Belshazzar woke up one morning and decided to throw a party in the kingdom… Which was not the first of its kind. He has been doing party in the kingdom but that day’s own landed him in trouble, I will tell you why…
God never had issues with His party, but that day, God got involved, and guess what, he didn’t go free. That fateful day he commanded that the vessels gotten from the temple of God should be used to serve his people and worship his god. Oh my God, what an insult. That instruction he gave was the offense he committed
Now get this, the Temple of God is the altar of God anything there has been dedicated to God to be used on his altar alone, So those vessels he commanded to be used belonged to God’s altar. Now issuing a command for those vessels to be used to serve in his party was a total abuse to the Lord and God can’t take such insult. Follow me am heading to somewhere
Those vessels belong to God’s altar, which simply means that the power of God in His altar has rubbed off on them… The presence of God dwelling in His altar has possessed all those vessels present there.
In the same way, you as a believer is the temple of God. You are just like those vessels. You house God, which simply means that by virtue of your relationship with God, His presence has as well rubbed off on you. Anyone trying to abusively handle or use you the same way Belshazzar used those vessel will at the same time incur the wrath of God upon him/herself. Hear me, you can’t be carrying God, and the devil will be putting his hands in your eyes.
Am trusting God to open your eyes to this mystery so you can understand that the devil has limit to which he can come close to you. Hear me, if God could aggressively react against Belshazzar for using ordinary cups and plates that were dedicated to God, how much more you that has the breath of God in you?
Today, I pray for you, let those powers, personalities, and deities, pointing abusive fingers at you collide with the wrath of God
God fought for cups and plates, why won’t He fight for you? You are carrying His image. His blood runs through your vein. His Spirit is indwelling in you. You have the mind of Christ. In all these, you can see you are all-round more important than cups and plates… O Jesus.
Prophetic declaration AND PRAYER:
- Declare I am God’s altar.
- Declare God lives in me.
- Declare I am a carrier of God’s presence.
- Declare no power of the evil one shall be able to abuse me.
- I am God’s Altar, He lives in me.
- No Belshazzar shall be able to abuse me.
- I shall not be used to serve the tables of the devil.
- I shall not be mocked.
They used those vessels in a mockery manner…
- Today declare, I take my position in Christ Jesus and I exercise my dominion over every Belshazzar that want to abuse and mock me
- I am untouchable,
- I am unreachable.
- They shall not abuse my womb again.
- My womb is carrying seed of fire.
- They shall not be able to touch my womb again whether physical or through dreams.
- I am from the lineage of Lion.
- My God is jealous of me and mine.
- Today, let it be that just by mere remembering me will bring upon them the wrath of God
- I am the vessel of the living God and I shall only be used to serve God.
Back to the scripture
So immediately he made that move by using the vessels brought from the temple of God, God rose in His fury, God was like, “boy, how dare you”!!! God was like, how dare you abuse my vessels. That is the same word I hear in my spirit the Lord is saying to those enemies of your soul
Now watch the implications
At the same spot, while he was still making merry, the hand of the Lord appears with a judgemental writing against him… Here was the writing.
 “And this is the inscription that was written: MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.
 This is the interpretation of each word. MENE: God has numbered your kingdom, and finished it;
MENE, means, God has numbered your kingdom and finished it…
No, you don’t understand the implication. Immediately Belshazzar abused the things from God’s altar, God at the same time, finished his kingdom. God folded a man’s kingdom in few seconds because he abused the vessels of His altar.
This simply means that because of you God can fold that kingdom of witches against your life. God said to him, your kingdom is numbered and finished. What a judgment?
- Today… I see God finishing your troublers…
- I engage God today to Finish the season of poverty in your life.
- May barrenness be finished in your life.
- May sickness be finished in your life.
- I finish marine yoke in your destiny.
- I finish demonic altar against your marriage.
- I finish strange occurrences in your life.
- Let that Belshazzar be finished in your own case.
- I finish demon of miscarriage in your family.
- I finish the yoke of late marriage in your life today in the name of Jesus.
Being God’s altar keeps the devil away from abusing you… You are a vessel of God’s altar and no power of the enemy shall by any means abuse you. Them conceiving such thought against you, will land them in the mess Belshazzar landed himself into and Their lot will become, Mene mene tekel urphasin..
Follow me as we read the below scripture.
1 Kings 12:26,28-30,33
And Jeroboam said in his heart, “Now the kingdom may return to the house of David:
Therefore the king asked advice, made two calves of gold, and said to the people, “It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem. Here are your gods, O Israel, which brought you up from the land of Egypt!”
And he set up one in Bethel, and the other he put in Dan.
Now this thing became a sin, for the people went to worship before the one as far as Dan.
So he made offerings on the altar which he had made at Bethel on the fifteenth day of the eighth month, in the month which he had devised in his own heart. And he ordained a feast for the children of Israel, and offered sacrifices on the altar and burned incense.
Now let me quickly intimate you of what happened in the above verses. Jeroboam one day raised two diabolical altars. He raised one in Dan and the other one at Bethel… It happened that the first one he raised in Dan, that God was silent. But the one he raised in Bethel became one that drew God’s attention. Watch how God reacted against him for raising that altar at Bethel:
1 Kings 13:1-3
And behold, a man of God went from Judah to Bethel by the word of the Lord, and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense.
Then he cried out against the altar by the word of the Lord, and said, “O altar, altar! Thus says the Lord: ‘Behold, a child, Josiah by name, shall be born to the house of David; and on you he shall sacrifice the priests of the high places who burn incense on you, and men’s bones shall be burned on you.’ ”
And he gave a sign the same day, saying, “This is the sign which the Lord has spoken: Surely the altar shall split apart, and the ashes on it shall be poured out.”
God spoke against the altar he raised in Bethel
Now I want you to get something here;
Jeroboam raised two altars one at Dan, the other at Bethel. But it happened that the only one God reacted against was the one he raised at Bethel
Let me tell you why
 And he moved from there to the mountain east of Bethel, and he pitched his tent with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east; there he built an altar to the Lord and called on the name of the Lord.
In Genesis 12:8, Abraham had already raised an altar for God at Bethel… Bethel had been dedicated to God by Abraham. God’s altar existed first in Bethel before the diabolical altar Jeroboam raised there.
Just follow me we are doing exposition now.
Hear this, whenever you raise an altar, the deity you raised the altar for will come and occupy there. If you raise an altar for the devil, the devil will come there and be in charge. But if you raise an altar for God, God will come there and be in charge. So in Gen 12:8, Abraham through that altar he has raised has invited God to take over and be in charge of Bethel… Abraham raised that altar years back, and generation has come and gone but you know what, ALTARS DON’T DIE.
ALTARS MAY BECOME WEAK BUT THEY WON’T DIE.
Having said that, it now came to the generation of Jeroboam, he went and raised a diabolical altar at Bethel, not knowing that God’s altar has long ago been raised there. When he raised that altar, God rose and said to him, I am already a landlord here so I won’t allow you to bring in another landlord. Hear me, the devil at all cost wants to displace God in your life. The devil knows that if he can get God out of your life then he can strike. He wants to get God out of your marriage and business. He just wants to strip God out of your life so that he can have his way. But today I announce to him that he has failed.
How does the devil displace God out of a man’s life? It is by manipulating the person to start living a life contrary to God’s principle.
Naturally, God will leave that man that has left the life of holiness. God will leave your business when it has now become a channel of duping and cheating people. God will walk out of your marriage once that marriage starts making room for filthiness of any kind. And this is what the devil wants so that he can strike. Jeroboam raised an altar in Dan God didn’t talk to him. But immediately he raised at Bethel, God said to him, no you just crossed your boundary. You cannot when am here. O my God. You see, I don’t know that devil that wants to frustrate you by all means, but today I hear God tell them, not when am still here.
Prophetic declaration PRAYERS;
- My life has been officially handed over to God.
- The Lord is in charge of all that concerns me.
- Therefore no power shall be able to plant an evil seed in me.
- I declare that God will react against every Jeroboam that wants to raise altar of immorality in my life.
- Declare, you altar of poverty, You can’t be raised in my lineage again, because God has already taken over.
- You altar of confusion and emptiness you won’t be raised in my life, because my life is already an altar for God.
- You altar of barrenness and miscarriage, you won’t be raised in me because my life is God’s altar.
Jeroboam raised an altar where there was already an existing altar. You must tell the enemy today that he can’t build his altar upon the altar of God which you are. It is against the spiritual system.
Now you see why God was provoked when Jeroboam raised that altar at Bethel
He succeeded with raising the altar at Dan but that of Bethel stopped him. So shall the moves of the enemies be stopped in your own life?
Declare with me say no power will displace God out of my life.
Say every altar that has been raised by my fathers against me today is altered by God’s altar in me.
Pray and say, God, I open up the gate of my spirit to receive the information your Spirit has for me.
I decree and declare that no power shall be able to shut the gate of my spirit against the Spirit of God.
O God I am your altar therefore tonight let every of my blessings trapped in the spiritual realm by negative spirit be released now.
O Lord I pray, my spirit shall not be dull to receive from the Spirit of God.
Today I pray for the sharpening of my spirit to be able to receive in full what the Spirit of the Lord has for me.
In the name of Jesus, I close up the gate of my spirit against demonic interference, oppression, or set back from the spiritual realm.
1 Kings 13:3; And he gave a sign the same day, saying, “This is the sign which the Lord has spoken: Surely the altar shall split apart, and the ashes on it shall be poured out.”
- I Command the splitting of every evil altar resisting and working against me
- Altars against my destiny you are split apart
- Altars against my consecration you are split apart by fire
- Altars supervising late blessings in my life you are split apart
- Altars against the rising and establishment of the Power of God in me you are split apart
- Altars of “monkey dey work baboon dey chop” you are split in my life now in the name of Jesus
- Altars against the growth of my finance, you are split now in the name of Jesus
- Altars against my spiritual fervency, you are split by fire in the name of Jesus
- Altars releasing arrows of infirmity in my life you are split by fire in the name of Jesus
- Altars of evil cloud, you are split by fire
- Wicked family altars where destinies are tied, you are split apart
- Idolatrous altars in our villages yoking us with poverty, you are split by fire in the name of Jesus
- Altars of evil foundation that is violently opposing my destiny, you are split apart
- Altars of spiritual rising and falling, you are split now in the name of Jesus
- Altars of false doctrine and heresy, you are split by fire
- Altars hijacking my testimonies you are split by fire in the name of Jesus