Living a Victorious Life
Text: Exodus 14:1-14
It is in the mind of God that we live victoriously in all areas of our life. Many of God’s children are living defeated, unsatisfying and unsatisfactory lives. They have never entered into the experience of the following;
- The peaceful life (Isaiah 30: 15)
- The overflowing life (John 7: 37-39)
- The abundant life (John 10: 10)
- The joyful life (John 15: 11)
- The liberated life (Romans 6: 7)
- The triumphant life (2 Corinthians 2: 14); and
- The loving life (1 John 2: 5) – and yet they long to do so!
- WHAT IS MEANT BY A LIFE OF VICTORY?
Seven characteristics of such a life are mentioned above, now consider the following:-
- It is not a life in which it is impossible to sin, but a life in which victory over sin is possible.
- It is not an abnormal life or a life to be enjoyed by just a few of God’s children, but it is His provision for every Christian.
- It is not a life where there is no temptation, but a life where temptation is overcome – look up Hebrews 4:15.
- It is not a life of outward victory only, but a life of inward and outward victory.
- It is not a fully grown life where further growth in grace is unnecessary or impossible.
- IS SUCH A LIFE REALLY POSSIBLE?
Is it God’s will that we should live such a life of victory? Has He made provisions for each and all of His children to be victorious all along the line? If so, we sin against Him by accepting and being satisfied with anything less than His will. It is an error to accept what is not the will of God for your life. So if it is His will that we live victoriously and we are living in defeat, then it means we have missed it
- Cry out today and say, God, bring me to Victory where the enemy has defeated me…
For most of us, the enemy has succeeded in our life. When it comes to self-control you know is no longer working. You can do anything at any time without being restricted by the Spirit of God. In that area, you’ve been defeated.
Does it seem as though the enemy has defeated your health? You’ve prayed, yet you can’t place your hand on any positive change, pray again.
If the enemy is exercising authority over any area of your life, please don’t give up, always remember, you don’t live in the realm of defeat but in the realm of victory. You may be down today but is not over.
Hear what the bible says…
Proverbs 24:16 For a righteous man may fall seven times And rise again, But the wicked shall fall by calamity.
Bible didn’t say we may not fall, there are tendencies that we may fall, but shall rise again. Tell that devil do not glory yet in my defeat, I am bouncing back like never before
- I pray for you today, let the anointing of Jehovah that commands victory Rob off on you
I bring you this word of encouragement this day, have you fallen already? Does it seem that the enemy is winning in your life? You’ve looked around and is as though you’ve lost everything, today, I pray for you, you shall recover and bounce back seven times
Naomi got to that point, she thought the devil has finally ended her life. Through her bad experience, she gave herself the name Marah which means bitter. Guess what? In the long run, the Lord showed up.
- The Lord will show up as well for you in the name of Jesus
- That area you are lacking strength to execute the will of God in your life, receive strength now
- That area the devil is fighting your potency, receive the anointing to win now in the name of Jesus
Is it God’s will that we, His children, should live defeated lives? No.
Scriptures make it abundantly clear that God desires all His children to experience a victorious Christian life.
- WHAT IS THE SECRET OF THIS LIFE OF VICTORY?
The secret is a four-fold one, and for the sake of simplicity and clarity, it may be stated thus:-
1) Victory is not gained by human effort.
We shall be on the way to living a life of victory when we have truly learned this simple lesson. It is absolutely impossible to live this life in our own strength –
see what 1 Samuel 2: 9 He will guard the feet of His saints, But the wicked shall be silent in darkness. “For by strength no man shall prevail.
Here is the reason for all our failure; we have tried to gain victory over sin, self, and Satan in our own strength, and we have failed every time! Remember this: God has excluded the work of man from every tense of salvation. We are not saved from the guilt and penalty of sin by our own works (Ephesians 2: 8-10; Titus 3: 5); we are not saved from the power of sin by our own works (Romans 5: 10); we shall not be saved from the presence of sin by our own works (John 14: 3) – see all this illustrated in Exodus 14: 13-14.
Don’t forget that He is the one that works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure. So the right you do is only possible because He is at work in you.
2) Victory is given…
it is a gift! 1 Corinthians 15: 57 makes this clear.
“1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
The victorious Christian life is God’s gift, and it is offered to everyone who will receive this gift. Indeed, the victorious life which He offers to all men is the victorious, triumphant life of His Son… That is the ultimate victory.
The Lord Jesus in a human body triumphed gloriously in His life and by His death over sin and Satan; and now His victorious life is offered to you and to me as a gift to be received, that His victorious life may be reproduced in and lived out through our human bodies.
There is only one victorious life, and when you received the Lord Jesus (John 1:12), you received that life. Did you realize that? Now you must let Him live His life in you and through you.
Look up Joshua 6: 16 – the victory over Jericho was not gained by effort and striving, but by simple trust and obedience. That victory was a gift! Go to the Lord in prayer now…
Being victorious in God is a follow-up package we got through salvation. So by default, you have the gift of victory. Yes, you have it. But it could be that the enemy has made it latent, passive, or fruitless…
- Say God activate by your power the gift of victory in me which the enemy has suppressed.
- Speak to Him and say God cause my gift of victory to come alive on every area of my life the enemy has overshadowed.
3) Victory is gained by a choice.
It is vital to see this. As long as we are in this world we shall be faced with a choice, as Joshua faced the Children of Israel with a choice (Joshua 24:15). This choice involves a definite, conscious act of the will. Every time we are tempted to sin, if we are to experience victory we must deliberately choose to please our Lord Jesus Christ who has already gained the victory for us, and who is waiting to give the victory to us – and the moment we choose Him we receive His power and enablement.
In this life, you will be faced with many options. But being victorious and staying victorious has to be a choice you will make. When you make that choice, then you will be ready to take the appropriate steps that will make your choice a fruitful one. You can’t say you’ve made the choice to be victorious whereas the actions of your life doesn’t align with it.
4) Victory is maintained by an attitude.
It’s one thing to be victorious but is yet another thing to stay or remain victorious. Victory is only victory, of course, when it is maintained. What then is the secret of continuous victory? Here it is in a sentence: FIX YOUR EYES ON JESUS WHO GIVES YOU VICTORY”
Prophetic declaration and prayers;
- Let that victory the Lord has given you stay with you.
- It won’t just stay with you at one area, but it will spread to all facets of your life.
- May you be victorious and stay victorious in your marriage.
- May you be victorious and stay victorious in your career.
- May you be victorious and stay victorious in your academics.
- May you be victorious and stay victorious in your ministry.
- May you be victorious and stay victorious in your visions.
- May you be victorious and stay victorious over the attacks of the wicked on your health. So shall it be in Jesus name.
- Let every kingdom altering your prophetic calendar for evil vanish in the name of Jesus.
- Let every satanic mandate waiting to be carried out in your life this season be abolished in the name of Jesus.
- Let every weakness unto failure in your life be exchanged with supernatural strength.
- I curse every mind initiating trouble for you in the name of Jesus.
- You shall not sow and another will reap.
- I collapse every pillar sustaining strange happenings in your life.
- Let the river of oppression flowing into your life dry up.
- I abolish every covenant of darkness resisting your rising.
- Let every demonic wind blowing off your fire cease in the name of Jesus.
- I cut off every chain binding you to smallness.
- I engage the elementals as weapons of war to fight your battles.
- I wither every hand altering your season for evil in the name of Jesus.
- In the name of Jesus, I miscarry the seed of affliction in the womb of the godless waiting to be birthed into your home.
- May your life not be used to illustrate defeat.
- Let every negative energy inside of you be sapped in the name of Jesus.