HOW TO AVOID FRUITLESS LABOUR
TEXT: John 21:1-7, Luke 5: 5-7
Fruitless labour is an indication of an afflicted destiny and prayerlessness. People who suffer from this attack work very hard all the time but never gather much. They have nothing to show for their hard work.
By fruitless efforts, I mean; when one labours without anything to show for it, when one labours more than the expected results, when one labours without reaping from his/her efforts, when one labours and another reaps his/her efforts, when one labours but dies before his/her harvest or become indisposed and not able.
- Lacking, or not bearing fruit; barren; destitute of offspring; as, a fruitless tree, a fruitless marriage.
- Productive of no advantage or good effect; vain; idle; useless; unprofitable; as, a fruitless attempt; a fruitless controversy.
They may be having two or more jobs and be very proficient in them, but they never gather substances from them. They are never rewarded commensurately for their labours. They always work like elephants and eat like ants.
The spirit of fruitless labour ensures that a man does not have anything to show for his hard work whether public or self-employed. In the case of Jacob, we see the spirit of fruitless labour at work. He laboured for fourteen years before he could marry the wife of his choice. Laban, his employer, reduced his wages ten times and would have brought him to complete ruin but for God’s intervention.
Luke 5:5-7 says, ”And Simon answering said unto him, Master, nothing; nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. And when they had this done, they enclosed a great multitude of fishes; and their net brake, And they beckoned unto their partners who were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they come, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.”
There are a lot of believers labouring in vain. They have good dreams and talents but only find themselves working without any progress. There are some that are very good at impacting lives, only to find out that nothing is working in their life.
Everything about them is empty. While they are working as believers, the presence of God departs from them. They are hard workers, they are result-oriented, they are focused and purpose-driven, but only to discover that the enemies are sitting on their glory and blessings.
Such people take a very long time before their blessings can manifest. Their glory usually appears when they are getting older where there is no physical strength for them to do something great with their dreams. That’s a wasted life!
The devil can waste a person’s glory by getting him wrong friends or wrong woman. Many pastors are in this condition! The power of fruitless labour can makes people work hard but get little or nothing in return.
John 21:1-7 says, ”After these things Jesus shewed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise shewed he himself. There were together Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two other of his disciples. Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing. But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus. Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No. And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes. Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher’s coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.”
Before you were born, God knew you and had a purpose for your life. God has decided that your life should take a particular pattern and you depart from it. That purpose must be revealed to you through prayers. Some pastors who are supposed to be great apostles to nations are still in a gathering where they are distributing money as a sacrifice. God is looking at them with shame.
Some people labor wholeheartedly but all their efforts go to Pharaoh or to the Bank of Family Idols. Many people are millionaires and billionaires but in reality, they are crashing under the weight of poverty.
Poverty has become some people’s second name, not because they do not work hard, not because they are not nice, but simply because of this terrible spirit in their foundation.
They labour under terrible circumstances, believing their day of glory will soon come yet, nothing to show for it because this spirit is an unrepentant spirit.
Some people labour and transfer their wealth to the hospital. They work hard all the time, in fact, everyone knows they are hard workers, but they could not gather much and be happy with themselves. This is the spirit of fruitless labour.
We have some people, the moment they are about to organize their wedding or do better things, terrible problem comes and swallow that money. It’s as if that particular problem has been waiting for them. People have suffered; people have committed suicide, marriages have crashed down; husband hates the wife, wife hates the husband because of this stubborn fruitless labour.
The woman did not see the efforts of the man anymore, because of no sufficient money. Such family smiles outside but in the home, they are a terror to themselves. Some people have this money but strange powers are using it to prosper themselves.
That’s why it is good to sow a seed sometimes and keep to it.
Some people have died poor, humiliated, embarrassed, frustrated the more because they are under the spell. They cried; they felt like killing themselves but death is not coming, unfortunately.
Many people have spiritual holes in their pockets leaking off their money. They suddenly don’t understand how they spend their money or do things, if you are a such a person, you need God’s intervention.
So many people are in this kind of situation today and they are reluctant in saving themselves out of this situation.
CANDIDATE OF THIS FRUITLESS LABOUR
- When your foundation is bad
- When there are problems in your family
- When there are evil idols in your family
- When your parents dedicated you to strange powers
- When you have evil names
- When you cheated your husband/wife
- When you are a candidate of children’s aborters
- When no one hardly makes it in your family
- When your prayer life is cold and your Bible study is frozen
- When you come from a family that is cursed
- When you always have bad dreams (pick money in the ground/working for someone) etc
WAY OUT OF FRUITLESS LABOUR
- Do not deceive yourself. Really give your life to Christ.
- Rededicate your life to God.
- Confess and forsake your sins. It doesn’t matter your spiritual status.
- Identify this problem and deal with it through prayers and fasting.
- Attack the powers attacking the source of your income
- Separate yourself from evil inheritance, dedication or family curses
- Locate a God’s ordained minister.
- Thank God for His provision so far in my life and career, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to do fruitless work, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil force against my handiwork, be paralyzed, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, put to shame every evil force that is against my handiwork, in Jesus name.
- Let the spirit of favour fall upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
- I blind every third eye monitoring my progress, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the anointing for money-yielding ideas fall upon my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I rebuke every devourer in my handiwork, in the name of Jesus.
- The work of my hands shall accomplish great things, in the name of Jesus.
- I break the stronghold of loss and hardship operating in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- No devourer shall destroy the fruit of my labor in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, let me have the spirit of favor in my business transactions, in Jesus name.
- I remove my business from the dominion of the powers of darkness, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare that the devil will have no control over my finances in the name of Jesus.
- Whether the enemies like it or not, I shall possess my possessions, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power assigned against my harvest, be wasted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Covenant of fruitless labor of my father’s house break by the blood of Jesus.
- I refuse to work like an elephant and eat like an ant in any area of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power that is scattering what I have gathered together, be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Spirit of wasters of my father’s house and mother’s house attacking my right hand, be wasted.
- Father, let every hole programmed into my hands, and legs to bring setbacks, close up by fire.
- Blood of Jesus deliver me from spending extravagantly, in the name of Jesus Name, Amen