DELIVERANCE FROM THE SPIRIT OF REBELLION
TEXT: 1Sam 15:23, Isa 14:12, Ezk 28:12-18
When you understand fully what rebellion is and how it has the ability to cut you off from God’s program for your life, it will be easier for you to stay away from it. God had already programed 40days days as the time it will take for the children of Israel to journey through the wilderness into the promised land, but their rebellion to God’s leading extended it to 40years. It didn’t just end there, most of them died in the wilderness as well.
The spirit of rebellion is a wicked spirit that you must brutally resist in your life if you must go far and apprehend what God has apprehended of you.
Rebellion is an attitude that resists authority. It is a spirit that fights divinely instituted order. Where rebellion is there is strife. The bible strictly warns against rebellion to the extent of liking it to witchcraft. 1Sam 15:23:
“For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king.”
Rebellion first is disobedience to God and is established on pride. In the new testament, the similar word for rebellion is sedition.
The first act of rebellion occurred in heaven when Lucifer led 1/3 of angels to revolt against the instituted order of God. The purpose of the spirit of rebellion is to block one from thriving and pressing into God. Rebellion heightens one’s agenda more than the agenda of God for his life.
- Rebellion brings one down from a great height. Read 1 Sam 14:12-15. As a result of Lucifer’s rebellion, he was brought down from his height of glory. Verse 15 says; “Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit.” No matter the height you have gained in life, if rebellion is not dealt with in you, you will lose it.
- Rebellion cuts one off from kingdom privileges. Ezek 28:12-15 listed the privileges lucifer enjoyed in God. He was the anointed cherub, covered by precious stones, was the seal of perfection, just to mention but a few. But all these privileges ceased in him the day he rebelled.
- Rebellion leads one into a dryness. Psalms 68:6 says: God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity; But the rebellious dwell in a dry land. To dwell in dry land simply means to experience dryness. That is when you see yourself being dried of effective ideas, prayer passion, financial breakthroughs, visions, etc. When a man is in dryland everything about him becomes dry.
- Rebellion shuts one’s spiritual eyes and ears. Rebellion attacks your spiritual senses. Ezk 12:2 says; “Son of man, you dwell in the midst of a rebellious house, which has eyes to see but does not see, and ears to hear but does not hear; for they are a rebellious house. When your spiritual senses stop functioning it means the person is very close to destruction. At that point, you can’t perceive, hear or see God.
- Rebellion makes the Holy Spirit your enemy. Isa 63:10; But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So He turned Himself against them as an enemy, And He fought against them. Rebellion turns the Holy Spirit against a man. It is unfortunate when the Holy Spirit that is supposed to be your helper and comforter now becomes your enemy. Rebellion will make you to be hardened. And Holy Spirit can’t flow with a hardened man.
HOW TO BREAK OUT
- Sincerely repent and acknowledge your wrongs.
- Quit all manner of association that is making you to be rebellious.
- Humble yourself and consciously place yourself under authority
- Get rid of excuses that will prevent you from obeying instructions
- Take the below prayers
- Lord I thank you for it is your will that I do well
- Thank you for the revelation of your word through this piece
- In the name of Jesus, I silence the voice of rebellion in my life
- In the name of Jesus, I cut off every root of rebellion in my life
- O Lord cause your Spirit to overshadow my life so that I can do your will at ease
- In the name of Jesus, I terminate every demonic influence in me making me to rebel against God
- By the hand of the Lord, I command my release from the spirit of rebellion.
- By the fire of the Holy Ghost, I set ablaze every deposit of pride in my life
- Holy Ghost fire purge every character of rebellion in my spiritual system in the name of Jesus.
- Power of God separate me from the association rebellions folks in the name of Jesus
- In the name of Jesus, Let every force pulling me towards disobedience release me now.
- In the name of Jesus, let every foundational force of rebellion in my blood line expire now