Experiencing The God of Possibilities
Text: Matthew 19:26 mark 9:23
What does it mean to experience the God of impossibilities?
- It means to experience the move of God, the wonders of God. Especially in a difficult or hopeless situation.
- It means God stepping into your situation when men think it is not possible and over.
- It means God moving on your behalf, against all odds when all hope is lost to still bring you your desired victory.
- God is the only one that has what it takes to turn an impossible situation around and make it possible.
Mathew 19:26; ‘But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’
HOW CAN ONE EXPERIENCE GOD OF IMPOSSIBILITIES?
- You must be born again and walk in uprightness: let’s look at the scripture
Nevertheless, the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2 Timothy 2:19
The foundation in which God can show up in your situation is holiness. The Lord knows those that are his. He is a merciful God. He is a God to all but a father to few.
– Until you surrender to him you can’t be identified as “his son”, there is no assurance that when we call he will answer.
Isaiah 59:1-2 says our sins create a barrier between us and God. Most times when we call on God especially in the time of trouble and difficulty and yet nothing happens. Bible says it’s not because God does not have ear to hear us , but sin creates boundaries between us and him that he cannot reach us. So to experience God of possibilities. Get your foundation right. Surrender your life to Him and live in uprightness. For if the foundation is destroyed, the righteous cannot do anything!
- It takes faith to experience the God of IMPOSSIBILITIES: Mark 9:23 “Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Faith is the only thing that moves God to show up on your behalf. Not your tears but your faith that God is able.
- Faith is absolute trust in God and his word.
- Faith is not fixing your mind on the problem but on God and what he says
- Faith is not having another alternative but God. Fixing all your hope and expectations on God.
When we come to the point where we believe God totally and completely without any doubt in our heart, regardless of how hopeless the situation is, that is when God does the impossible for us.
The book of Hebrew 11:1-end talks about men and women of faith and how they used their faith to move God into action.
HOW TO ENGAGE YOUR FAITH TO EXPERIENCE GOD OF IMPOSSIBILITIES
1.Grow your faith: most of the reason why believers cannot get anything done is because of lack of faith or little faith …little faith means you still have doubts in your heart and your doubt is bigger than your faith.
(See Matthew 14: 29-31.) Peter Was drowning on his way to meet Jesus because he had little faith. Even though Jesus himself beckoned him to come. He let his fear get the best of him and he began to drown.
One important question Jesus asked him is “why is your faith “small”.
- Their is a limit to what God can do for you if your faith is Small
How do you grow your faith? By feeding on the word. That is the only way you can get and grow your faith.
-Study the word until it forms a strong pillar in your life that no matter the situation, you are not moved!
-Find scriptures that provide solutions to your challenge and continue to feed on them until your faith is on the rise. Then when you go to God from the point of faith, you are sure to get your miracle.
2.Refuse to stagger or doubt: Romans 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
-When you are trusting God for something, the devil will always come with distractions, discouragement, he will come to shift your focus, he will present you with other options.
– Refuse to stagger. Refuse to shift from what you believe from the word. Don’t let discouragement weaken you that you begin to doubt in your heart. God told the children of Israel not to fear, but rather to stand still and see the salvation of the Lord come to them. For the Egyptian they see today, they will see them no more.
- Until you stand still and firm in faith. Then you will see the hand of God and the problems, sickness, difficulty you see today, you will see them no more!
3. Cry out to God in faith: there is what is called prayer of faith in
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. James 5:15
– It is a prayer that is loaded with the word of God which you are laying your anchor. It is a prayer you pray in total confidence that God can do it and he will do it. Most times what believers do in the name of prayer is shed tears or beg the devil to leave them alone.
– That is not the kind of prayer God expects us to pray in the face of trouble.
The prayer of faith is when you are making a demand on heaven. That God should come and fulfill His word he has promised. And God is not a man so he cannot lie or forsake his word.
God watches his word to perform it
– Only the prayer of faith can raise the dead, heal the sick, and turn the impossible around.
- Keep making bold declarations of what you believe: for your faith to work in experiencing God of impossibilities, you must learn to keep declaring boldly what the word says.
Mark 11:23 says “ For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.”.
The question is what are saying to the challenge before you. Are you commanding it out of your way or are you complaining about it?
-God takes you up on what you say as much as what you pray.
-Your miracle or doom is in your mouth.
-Tell that devil to get lost, challenge that mountain with the word of the lord, speak to your body.I am healed! Tell yourself I shall not die. Tell barrenness, I am fruitful. Say what you want to see. Keep declaring the word until it becomes your reality. That is how faith works.
See 2 cor4:13 “We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;”
5. keep your expectations alive: faith is the substance of things hoped for. Therefore you must keep hoping to see your miracle happen.
- Expectation is the mother of manifestation.
If you stop expecting your miracle, it will never happen. It is your expectation that keeps your faith alive and God has promised that the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut short.
- Engage the Holy Ghost: The Holy Spirit is also the spirit of faith. He sets your faith on fire.
Jude 1:20 “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,”
-engaging the Holy Spirit by praying in tongues, having constant fellowship with the holy spirit builds up your faith to a point where you can believe God for just anything and everything.
-until you come to that point where you can believe God even for the impossible. Then you can truly experience the God of impossibility.
- Father today I come to you in repentance for all my wrongdoings. Forgive my sins and help my unbelief
- Father give me fresh hunger and desire for your word
- Holy Spirit grant me understanding and light as I study the word so my faith can come alive.
- Father today I address every contrary issue around my life with your word.. sickness today I degree that Jesus has taken my infirmity and by his stripes, I am healed…” mention that particular issue and being to address it with the word of God”
- Father in the name of Jesus I call for a reversal of every unpleasant situation in my life.
- Oh God of impossibilities, come and do the impossible in my life. Let every enemy of my destiny be put to shame.
- Let the unquenchable fire of the Holy Ghost burn to ashes every opposition standing in between me and my miracle. “ Speak in tongues”
- I decree I am unstoppable by the backing of the Holy Ghost.
- Thank you Lord for I know my miracle is sure.