Enforcing Divine Expansion
Texts: 2kings 6:1-7, Isa 54:1-4, psalm 118:5, 119:32, Gen 26:22, Exo 34:24
Divine Expansion means God making room for you to become bigger. It refers to growth, increase and enlargement. Divine expansion is when God intervenes and brings about growth, enlargement and increase in someone’s life, family, ministry, business or career. It is the antidote to stagnancy and limitation that are attacking the destinies of people. When divine expansion takes place, stars will arise and begin to shine, caged destinies are loosed, fallow grounds are broken, yokes are destroyed, captives are set free, territories are possessed, and there will be revival, recovery and restoration.
Expansion is key to an increase in possession… If you are expanding it means that your possessions are increasing… It means buying more land, it means making more sales, it means more contracts, winning more souls etc.
VESSELS THAT EXPERIENCED DIVINE EXPANSION
- Isaac ( Gen 26:12-13) 12: Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him. 13: And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
That was expansion…
He had possessions of flocks…
Gen 26:22 And he removed from thence, and digged another well; and for that they strove not: and he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said, For now the Lord hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land….
I see the Lord making room for you in Jesus name.
When a room is made, it means that something is coming to fill that room.
- King Saul experienced expansion as well…
From a miserable ass seeker to a king… Now being a king he had territorial dominion…
Being a king made his sphere of authority to expand…
WHY MUST YOU EXPAND?
- It is a promise for the covenant seeds of God...
Gen 9:27 God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
So being a child of the covenant puts you on the list of divine expansion… Say Amen to that.
see this verse also below
Deut 22:20: When the Lord thy God shall enlarge thy border, as he hath promised thee…
Did you see that, it is a promise for His seeds…You know the implication, if you are not a child of God in truth and in spirit, it means you are not part of the promise.
The second reason why you must expand…
- To be a blessing to others.
He that is small in possession will struggle in helping others…He that is of a small stature spiritually have no or little to offer to others…
Now concerning Abraham, God caused him to expand and through him, the nations of the world are blessed.
God called Abraham alone, Lot followed him, it was not long, the leftover blessings from Abraham made Lot rich…
I pray for you, The Lord shall expand you and you shall be a blessing to others..
When the Lord expand your spiritual capacity, many people will draw spiritual strength and nutrients from your wells.
The third reason why you must expand
- To Silence and frustrate the wicked.
The wicked will continue to make noise around you when you are small. But when the lord expands you, they will be silenced.
The fourth reason why you must expand
- Expansion puts songs of praise in your mouth
- Isa 54:1-3 1:Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord. 2: Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; 3: For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left;
When the Lord expands you nobody will teach you how to praise God.
AREAS YOU MUST EXPAND
- Your prayer life
- The in-take of the Word of God
- Character improvement
- Intellectual power
- Spiritual power
- Service to God – especially in the areas of soul winning, etc…
KEYS TO DIVINE EXPANSION
Study 2 Kings 6:1-7
- Develop hatred for smallness.
The sons of the prophet said to Elisha where we are now is too small for us… They hated that small place. They got uncomfortable there… They refuse to continue there. Take that step too.
- Speak to God.
They said to Elisha… They didn’t keep quiet… They spoke out.. You speak out through prayers. Prayer enforces expansion. As you pray and speak to God just like the way the sons of the prophet spoke to Elisha, He will hear you.
- Engage in positive action
The sons of the prophet said to Elisha, “Let us go…” That is action. You must do something with respect to your prayers.
Engage in an action… Go submit that CV, go drop that quotation, go write that exam, as a student read your books, go, learn that skill, go make that calls, go market that product… The bottom line is, DO SOMETHING… Don’t sit down doing nothing…
- Secure the backing of the Lord
The sons of the prophet, having spoken to Elisha, Elisha said to them go, but one of them said, “sir please go with us”.
Don’t engage in that action not being sure that God is part of it…
As much as you need to do something, remember not to leave God behind. If you do that you will fail…Secure His backing…then you are good to go.
One of the ways to secure the backing of the Lord is to get your spiritual head involved… That was what the sons of the prophet did.
FORCES FIGHTING DIVINE EXPANSION
Let me quickly submit to you that the enemy will always fight your expansion. The devil is allergic to good things, so where ever he sees good things he shows up
Now let’s see the life of Isaac again after the Lord had made him to expand…
Gen 26:13-15: And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: 14: For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him. 15: For all the wells which his father’s servants had digged in the days of Abraham his father, the Philistines had stopped them, and filled them with earth.
Now verse 15, was the reaction of Isaac’s enemies (Philistines) when the Lord enlarged him.
They began to stop his wells… Expansion brings Contention....They tried frustrating him to make sure he doesn’t expand again. That’s how the devil also attacks our expansion.
Now concerning the sons of the prophets, while one was felling the wood, his axe head fell inside the river
2kings 6:4-5 4: So he went with them. And when they came to Jordan, they cut down wood. 5: But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water:
That was a serious marine attack on him.
Why must that axe fell and not just fall on the ground but inside water. And it was a borrowed axe for that matter. Other axe that was not borrowed didn’t fall, it was the one borrowed that fell inside water… It is only the enemy that can do that
God can not frustrate you when you are progressing. It is not the character of God.
- Say God, let every enemy waiting to frustrate my expansion wait in vain in the name of Jesus
- In the name of Jesus, I receive the anointing for divine expansion in my life.
- By the power of God at work in my life, I declare I shall not be small in the name of Jesus
- O Lord my God cause me to begin to walk in the principles of expansion you have laid down
- In the name of Jesus, I break the stronghold of limitations in my life.
- O Lord cause me to expand so that I shall bring honour to the kingdom and be a blessing to others
- In the name of Jesus, I connect to every divine expansion machineries already made available by God for my life.
- In the name of Jesus, O Lord uproot every weakness in me stopping my expansion
- O power of God, stop every personality demonically empowered to stop my wells of expansion in the name of Jesus
- O ye marine powers agitating against my expansion be drowned by the blood of Jesus…
- O Lord by your mighty sword, Let every set-up arranged to frustrate me before my expansion season scatter
- My heavenly father, the whole earth belongs to you, spread me out to the north, east, west and south in the name of Jesus
- I pray for you, may Jehovah make room in your life for expansion
- May He break the yokes of limitations
- May He launches you in to where your coast shall be enlarged
- May He cause you to cross that ancestral line drawn in your family that nobody should cross.
- I release fire along the path of your destiny to clear the crooked path of your life so you can expand speedily.
- I provoke the anointing for all-around expansion to rest upon you in the name of Jesus.
- May this expansion put a new song in your mouth. Your life won’t lack praise.
- In the name of Jesus, I exonerate you from foundational attacks against expansion.