BREAKING THE JINX
TEXT: 1Chron 4:9-10, 2Sam 9:1-13
Jinx is likened to casting of spell, release of curse, or being programmed for pain and affliction. It just has to do with evil in all manner. Jabez was a man jinx followed from the day he was born. From birth, he had already been programmed to suffer pains. Nothing about him brings joy. In fact, his name literally means sorrow and pain. So he lived out his name.
But one day, it dawned on him that he can’t continue living in that manner. It dawned on him that the jinx over his life must be broken. Just the same way I believe that every jinx in your own life shall be totally broken by the power of God as you begin to apply the truths you shall be colliding here.
Another man from the scripture that seems to have this jinx in his life was Mephibosheth; son of Jonathan. He was from a royal lineage but his life was miserable. He became crippled by the carelessness of the nurse that took care of him, (2Sam 4:4), rejected and forgotten. Everything about his life was totally messed up. To tell you how miserable he found his life to be when David remembered him, he personally referred to himself to be a dog. Not even a living one but a dead dog. Look at the scripture below:
2 Samuel 9:8: Then he bowed himself, and said, “What is your servant, that you should look upon such a dead dog as I?”
That was how he described himself. But one day that jinx broke. I declare over your own life, every appearance of any jinx is broken in the name of Jesus. The name of Jesus is obviously powerful to handle it.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BREAK JINX?
Breaking of jinx in a man’s life simply means bringing to an end negativity in that person’s life. It simply means ending negative patterns the devil has programmed into a man’s life. God never intended that we live in agony but unfortunately, most of us in one way or the other have found ourselves in a mess we never bargained. When these negative trends are broken in a man’s life, reproaches are automatically wiped off.
See Gen 30:22-23: Then God remembered Rachel, and God listened to her and opened her womb. And she conceived and bore a son, and said, “God has taken away my reproach.”
The words of Rachel in verse 23 are words that always proceed out of the mouth of those that God has broken Jinx in their lives. Reproaches are rolled away when these jinxes are broken. So shall it be in your life.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE LORD IS OUT TO BREAK THE JINX IN YOUR LIFE.
To understand it properly, we shall x-ray the life of Mephibosheth from the anchor text. 2 Sam 9:1-14.
- Those that are instrumental in His hands for your release will start losing their peace. 1 Sam 9:1. David was the king but because God needed to use him to remember Mephibosheth, He made him start asking questions and he never rested until the assignment was done.
- He will connect you to the right people. with the right company. Still on that verse 1, David said; “Is there still anyone who is left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?”. So you see that the kindness Mephibosheth enjoyed from David was because of Jonathan and not even because of Mephibosheth. So the connection Mephibosheth had with Jonathan fetched him that kindness. God still works that way even now. When He wants to change your condition, he will create a connecting line between you and those persons.
- He will make you to be available and accessible. It happened that when David asked that question, God made it possible for Mephibosheth to be available and accessible. He wasn’t nowhere to be found. In your own time, you will be available.
- Your disadvantages will be overlooked. 2 Sam 9:3. It doesn’t matter the circumstances around you that may want to deny you such opportunities. God will cause all those circumstances not to hold water in your life again.
- He will fetch you out from Lodebar. 1 Sam 9:4. Lodebar means lack of pasture. It has a root word that means nothing, without, empty. It speaks of a place of obscurity and no life. In verse 5, King David commanded that Mephibosheth should be fetched out from Lodebar.
- Those that have troubled you will be subjected to serve you. Vs 9-10. Ziba, his children, and all his servants were subjected by the king to serve Mephibosheth
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN THE JINX IS BROKEN
- God’s kindness.
- Change of level/status.
- Unusual favour.
- Blessings of the Lord.
- Hand of the Lord resting on you.
- Enlargement of your coast.
- O Lord I thank you for restoring my hope of victorious living again.
- Lord, I thank you for going ahead of me as a breaker to break the jinxes in my life
- O Lord I thank you for having rolled away my reproaches
- O Lord I ask that you rise to command my victory over the power of the enemy battling my life
- By your power, I secure my freedom from the activities of the enemy over my life
- O Lord put a new song in my mouth by the reason of your irreversible deliverance you have started in my life
- O Lord I ask that you pull out my destiny from the mouth of the lion just the same way David snatched out his lamb from the lion that came to devour it.
- End every negative pattern in my life in the name of Jesus
- O Lord unplug my life from every socket of pain the enemy has plugged me.